Taxi fares: Mullet bay or Le Gallion

39august

Can anyone please tell me the taxi fares from the cruise pier for two to each of these beaches?

Hi! I know you requested taxi fares, but you can take the bus/van to anywhere for $2 a person. You just take a short walk to Backstreet and catch a bus that says the place you want to go.

Thanks, but I am aware of that. We took the bus back from Mullet to P-berg several years ago. I don't think the bus goes to Le Gallion, however. Also, I don't think I can get my husband to take the bus again.

Thanks, but I am aware of that. We took the bus back from Mullet to P-berg several years ago. I don't think the bus goes to Le Gallion, however. Also, I don't think I can get my husband to take the bus again.

I have been to LeGallion..I wouldn't suggest it.. :(

What was wrong with the bus service?

What specifically didn't you like about LeGalion?

When we went the local school kids were having a field trip there that day.. The beach was basically not open..We did not have have food, bathrooms, or chairs to rent that day at all.. The water is very shallow..Good for kids but not adults..Also, lots of sea grass. There are so many other beautiful beaches to go to..I was very embarrased to have taken along extended family to that beach. I had done research on it before, & thought it looked nice..I was very wrong..

When we went the local school kids were having a field trip there that day.. The beach was basically not open..We did not have have food, bathrooms, or chairs to rent that day at all.. The water is very shallow..Good for kids but not adults..Also, lots of sea grass. There are so many other beautiful beaches to go to..I was very embarrased to have taken along extended family to that beach. I had done research on it before, & thought it looked nice..I was very wrong..

I have read a hundred reviews or more here on this beach over the years and almost everyone loves this beach. Your experience with the restaurant and rentals closed would definitely be a negative and the first time that I have read something like this occurring. There is an area of sea grass that's for sure but you can avoid that by going in the water at a different spot. This beach is part of a nature reserve and is very authentic Caribbean and many folks like that about it. That's the beauty of St. Martin there are so many different beaches that have completely different vibes and provide a different type of beach day. Personally along with Mullet, Le Galion is one of my favourite beaches especially if it's not a lunchtime visit. If I'm going at lunch it's Simoson Bay or Grand Case for me. Thanks for telling us about your experience. Explaining why you didn't like it will help others decide if this is the beach for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I was just at Le Galion a couple of weeks ago. If you are there on a Monday then yes the place is closed that has bathroom facilities and chair rentals and food so be aware of what day you are going to be there. I thought the beach was nice - it was very small children friendly . Oh and we shared a cab (van) and it was 9$ pp each way.

Edited by Candeegirl_001