Taking a stroller on Carnival

amandacolorado

Many times, it was quite simple and allowed me to not have to take a purse anywhere. :)

We used an umbrella type stroller, but have seen all types onboard including doubles. We also have used carriers, slings, and backpacks.

We used it quite a it onboard-ships are quite large. Even the most active of young children can only keep their legs moving so long. It's either the stroller or we would've been carrying him everywhere. Also great for meals and shows as sometimes he'd fall asleep in it.

If you use a stroller at home, you WILL need it on the ship! Lots and lots of walking! Many kids will even nap in their stroller, which eliminates the need to sit in the cabin during naptime! And, in ports, once again, there is nothing worse than a cranky, tired child that you have to carry.

Bring your stroller!

We are going on a cruise w our 8 month old daughter and I am starting to think about what to bring. We have a citi mini, but its heavy and unnecessary. What umbrella stroller do you all like best for cruising?

I have a Bjorn also and don't know if I should consider an ERgo too? How have you used the carrier onboard?

Thanks!

I have a Maclaren umbrella stroller that I have used on 5 cruises with my son-folds up easily, fits through cabin doors, and reclines for naps. I can't imagine NOT bringing a stroller!

Which model Maclaren do you have? Thanks

We used an OnyaBaby carrier on our last cruise. I can't imagine taking a stroller. Some ports don't have sidewalks, or the sidewalks are horrid. You need to store it in your stateroom when not in use, which can be a pain, as space is limited unless you are in a suite.

However, if you use a stroller a lot and don't babywear, an umbrella stroller is the way to go. Anything larger than that is too much, not only for the ship (narrow halls, small elevators, lots of crowds), but for crowded ports.

In my opinion, as long as it's no wider than a wheelchair, the most important thing is to have a sturdy stroller that is comfortable for the child - one that reclines and has a sun cover. The wait to get on/off the ship can be long, it's nice to have something comfortable enough for the child to sleep in so you can keep going during naps or later in the evening, and it's nice not to have to carry an exhausted or whining kid. It's also a great way to carry all the gear you need around the ship and in port;, or let them rest/have a snack in the stroller while you keep going. I cruised many times with a double stroller (tandem) and never had a problem folding and storing it in a corner of the cabin or closet.

Best,

Mia

We love our Chicco Liteway. It's a bit bigger than a normal umbrella stroller, but it reclines so LO can nap, and it has a sunshade. We've just folded up in a corner of the cabin. It's been great for cruising, air travel, Disneyland...can't complain. We're planning to take it again in January.

I have a Bjorn also and don't know if I should consider an ERgo too? How have you used the carrier onboard?

Thanks!

We've taken our Ergo along with an umbrella stroller. Just like anywhere there are pros/cons to each. We never regretted that we had both. Before he was one we used the Ergo more, and after that we used the stroller more.

Another vote for the Maclaren Quest. Great quality and perfect size for navigating around the ship and ports. We tried the Chicco lite way before and the sun shade warped while in the back of the car on 2 strollers. Never happened with the Maclaren.

I took a Sit and Stroll stroller on a Carnival cruise (it is a car seat that turns into a stroller and is not cheap) and made the mistake of checking it with my luggage to get on the boat. It broke in a couple places. The travel insurance I purchased for the cruise reimbursed me for a brand new one. Any stroller/car seat item I strongly suggest you carry on yourself.

We have the Cybex Onyx and I LOVE it!!! It reclines to laydown, has a huge expandable canopy and a strap to throw it over your shoulder after folding up like an umbrella stroller. We're actually taking it in a few days for our 18mo son who will be joining us on a 4 night cruise. I'm so excited!

On our last cruise, there was a couple who had a huge full size stroller and used it in the dining room. There wasn't any room to push it down the aisle. I was shocked to see them ask everyone in the way to get out of their seat and to watch the waiters move the tables over so they could pass. I overheard negative conversations the next day at breakfast in the buffet and even while sitting at the beach in port. Later I had a chance to have conversation with this couple. Not realizing it was the same couple. They had nothing good to say about Carnival willing to work with them and their child. (about 8 months old). I do believe they expected everyone to bend over backwards for them. And didn't even think how it would effect other passengers.

That being said, we will be cruising with our one year old grand daughter. You can bet we will be thinking of other passengers. Like our three cabins with child in the middle and no inside cabins across from us just in case she has a bad day! :rolleyes:

Thank you for all the good advice here on these posts.

When we took my 2 year old niece on her first cruise we used an umbrella stroller and it worked out fine for us. We only used it on embarkation and debarkation day and while we were in port (we were in Canada, so they have good sidewalks). She walked the rest of the time and we never took it into the dining room because that was fun enough without the stroller.

On our last cruise we had two families with small children by us in the MDR and both families brought their strollers with them. It created a lot of chaos for the staff and other guests.

If we were using the stroller around the ship we would just return it to our cabin before going to the MDR and carry our son or let him walk. Way easier than bringing it in there and crowding others. I don't get why people would bring it in there unless the child was sleeping.

Anyone can help me? Suggestions? I have 2 kids, ages 18 months and 2 1/2 year. At home I usually just use my single stroller(chicco liteway), my oldest walk a lot. However, I know that she will get tired while on ports so I was thinking on different options. I can take my double stroller, it fold and is very light weight (combi), but is a side by side. Or should I buy a cheap umbrella stroller for my daughter and take 2 umbrella stroller for the kids or buy one of those a sit and stand strollers. (On a side note: my combi double stroller weight less than one of those sit and stand strollers)

Anyone can help me? Suggestions? I have 2 kids, ages 18 months and 2 1/2 year. At home I usually just use my single stroller(chicco liteway), my oldest walk a lot. However, I know that she will get tired while on ports so I was thinking on different options. I can take my double stroller, it fold and is very light weight (combi), but is a side by side. Or should I buy a cheap umbrella stroller for my daughter and take 2 umbrella stroller for the kids or buy one of those a sit and stand strollers. (On a side note: my combi double stroller weight less than one of those sit and stand strollers)

Hmmmm, do you have anyone else going with you? Is your 18mo able to/used to being carried in a mobi wrap/sling/baby k'tan? If not and by yourself, I would get a double stroller, one behind the other.....question though, what ship are you going on? We went on the ecstasy, which is a smaller ship, so tighter walk areas than say the Victory or Freedom.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Forums mobile app

Hmmmm, do you have anyone else going with you? Is your 18mo able to/used to being carried in a mobi wrap/sling/baby k'tan? If not and by yourself, I would get a double stroller, one behind the other.....question though, what ship are you going on? We went on the ecstasy, which is a smaller ship, so tighter walk areas than say the Victory or Freedom.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Forums mobile app

It is me and my husband. Yes we have a mobu and an ergo. Haven't used it in a while but great idea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

Archived