Celebrating a birthday aboard the sun

live2dive45

My sister just celebrated her big 5-0 this past week. As she lives a few states away, the family was not all together to celebrate this milestone event. So I'm thinking, why not celebrate it aboard the Sun in May on our Alaska cruise. There are 3 couples going on the cruise and we would like to keep this a secret (she does not read these boards so don't worry!) but I need some advise. CAKE....should we buy one in Vancouver and bring it aboard (thus ruining the surprise) or are there options onboard to have a cake made and presented during a specific time? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

John

I was going to suggest checking on the "birthday celebration" you can pick the day they decorate the cabin, so it can be more of a surprise if you pick a day in the middle of the cruise... and includes a small ( I think it said 9") cake for $35.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/gifts-and-more#party

Item # Description Price 551 Birthday

Rejoice in style with garland, confetti, balloons, and a 10" party cake. Decorations set up in your stateroom on your requested date. 10" cake has "Happy Birthday" written on it. Comes with knife and plates, napkins and forks for all guests in stateroom.

If you are celebrating, you can get a free cake. Just talk to guest services. If you want to decorate the room, you can pay money.

You can get a FREE cake? :confused: We will be sailing on my hubbys birthday in November. I have never heard anyone mention that the cake is free and I always thought it came with the purchased decorations or something. So you would talk to guest services...as in at the front desk when you board the ship?

You can get a FREE cake? :confused: We will be sailing on my hubbys birthday in November. I have never heard anyone mention that the cake is free and I always thought it came with the purchased decorations or something. So you would talk to guest services...as in at the front desk when you board the ship?

I was given a certificate for dining in a specialty restaurant and at the end of the meal you are presented with a small cake and the staff sings Happy Birthday to you. I have celebrated two birthdays on Norwegian ships- The Pearl and The Sun. 2015 I will celebrate on The Escape.

I was given a certificate for dining in a specialty restaurant and at the end of the meal you are presented with a small cake and the staff sings Happy Birthday to you. I have celebrated two birthdays on Norwegian ships- The Pearl and The Sun. 2015 I will celebrate on The Escape.

Thanks for the info. :)