Which NCL ships have suites for 5?

CarolinaMamma

I recently read about a Haven suite for 5 on another thread and was thrilled. We are a family of 5 and always have to get 2 cabins with 2 separate reservations, which is a pain, and of course we can only use the "kids sail free" promotion on one of our three kids if we get 2 cabins.

So, which NCL ships have suites for 5 and what are these suites called? And can you book them online or do they not show up? (We have stayed in Family veranda in celebrity but they never show up online and ONLY sell to families of 5 - you have to call to ask for pricing.) If anyone has stayed in NCL suites for 5, would love feedback.

My kids are 14, 10 and 7.

Thanks.

Haven suites offer two bedroom with capacity of 6.

The master bedroom is nice, although they generally overlook the bathroom which has the window view. There is an inside room for two with full bath. You can sleep up to two more in the living room.

Having a second full bath makes showering and stuff a lot easier.

Capture.jpg.504a8a0a08ff23289a1a464a638da3f4.jpg

Edited by Us2inFL

Haven suites offer two bedroom with capacity of 6.

The master bedroom is nice, although they generally overlook the bathroom which has the window view. There is an inside room for two with full bath. You can sleep up to two more in the living room.

Having a second full bath makes showering and stuff a lot easier.

Thank you. That sounds great. I have a 14 year old boy, so I hear you on the 2 bathrooms. :-) which ships have these suites?

Epic, Breakaway, Getaway

Pearl and all Jewel Class ships.

I'm not sure if Dawn and Star have that layout, but they have a family suite type arrangement.

Some ships have them in the Haven, some don't.

Other posters can be more informative.

Then there's always the garden villas...

Now there's a stretch.

We got an upgrade to Pearl 2 br year ago. It was NCL's best move as we've done OS and DOS since.

The Pearl 2 br is nice, a bit tight around the table and living room.

Then again, there was our April (2013) Epic transatlantic where the cabinets were flying off the wall. Even the DOS didn't help there.

layout_owners_lores1.jpg.fbbb548d83bed5d549a40cf0e67a6faf.jpg

Edited by Us2inFL

If you have kids of those ages, I would sail the Breakaway or Getaway as there are fabulous on board activities with 5 mega water slides, a nickelodeon water park, ropes course, etc. These are just a few of the reasons we picked NCL this year over RCCL. And we will be in the Haven with our son who will be almost 12 at the time. To us these class of ships are more of a destination than the ports themselves.

But if you pick a two BR suite in the Haven area you will not go wrong. These reviews for those suites are amazing.

Have a great cruise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are also a family of 5. It isn't always easy to find accommodations for 5 in one room when vacationing! In the past we have booked adjoining rooms, we tried the midship family balcony on the Sun, and then found the family suite on the Star/Dawn ships. (Unfortunately the family suite is only found on those two of the ships in the NCL fleet.) It is our favorite room of the ones we have tried so far. I am going to have to check out the other options mentioned here as well.

Dawn, and all jewel class have the 2BR suites. On Jewel class they have them in or not in haven area. Your choice.

2nd bedroom is small but will handle 3 kids. Sometimes one might sleep in living area pullout couch. Master bedroom and bath have a solid door, as does the 2nd bedroom.

The Dawn does. We are a family of 5 and booked in a Family Suite with a Balcony. It was cheaper than booking two balcony cabins. We did two balcony cabins on the GEM. While having two bathrooms with that set up was nice you don't get the suite benefits. In the future I will check the price of suites vs two cabins before booking.

We just stayed in a 2BR Family suite with Balcony (SC) on the Dawn, and absolutely LOVED it!!! Definitely room for 3 kids (if 2 will share a bed) in the 2nd bedroom. This gives Mom and Dad the privacy to get up early, make some yummy Lavazza coffee and head out to the balcony, without disturbing the kids. The 2nd full bathroom is SO important, especially on those early port mornings and when cleaning up for dinner after a day at the beach! :)

We just stayed in a 2BR Family suite with Balcony (SC) on the Dawn, and absolutely LOVED it!!! Definitely room for 3 kids (if 2 will share a bed) in the 2nd bedroom. This gives Mom and Dad the privacy to get up early, make some yummy Lavazza coffee and head out to the balcony, without disturbing the kids. The 2nd full bathroom is SO important, especially on those early port mornings and when cleaning up for dinner after a day at the beach! :)

As the cruise gets closer and the prices drop I may try to upgrade to a 2BR with balcony suite. The second bathroom would be great but at the time of the booking the price difference between the 1 BR and 2 BR was just too big ($2500.00).

Edited by PCLMassachusetts

As the cruise gets closer and the prices drop I may try to upgrade to a 2BR with balcony suite. The second bathroom would be great but at the time of the booking the price difference between the 1 BR and 2 BR was just too big ($2500.00).

Yesterday I was able to upgrade from an aft penthouse to the 2 bedroom suite for no charge for our April 27th sailing. When I first booked, the SC was $1700 more than the SF. In fact I could have gone to the SA Deluxe owners suite for less than $100 but I didn't want to give up the balcony. The DOS has dropped $4000 since I first booked the cruise :eek: