Help: Connecting in CDG on Air France

burrma

Anyone with experience with connecting in CDG (Paris) en route to Detroit? Would you take this flight or not?

Flying from Budapest to DTW and have 1 hour 10 min. to connect; recommended time is 45 minutes. Would you take it?; quite a few of us and if we don't make it; terrible flights with connections after this one.

I called airline which is Air France and they said: we would be landing and leaving from same terminal and only 4 gates so close together and we don't need to go through security or scanning between flights.

Would love your opinion on this situation. I have read that CDG is a zoo and one should allow a minimal of 2 hours.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Thanks to both of you; strange the lady at Air France told me; no screening and it could only be gate CDE or F and it would be at terminal 2; so I guess neither of you advise this connection with only 1 hour and 10 minutes. Sincere thanks for taking time to answer

Thanks to both of you; strange the lady at Air France told me; no screening and it could only be gate CDE or F and it would be at terminal 2;

Aha....that's the rub.

"Terminal 2" is actually a complex of NINE separate buildings, most of which are connected, but not all. "CDE or F" refers to some of those buildings, with E actually comprising three separate buildings as "T2E". And each of the buildings has a dozen+ gates.

So no, you aren't guaranteed gates that are close - you are guaranteed buildings that are connected but large.

I experienced a connection in CDG by Air France during the flight from Moscow to Miami and the way back.

On the way to Miami we had 1 hour and 10 minutes to connect, and Air France lost our luggage (full story here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1770368).

On the way back we went through the complete security procedures and it took about 1 hour.

I would recommend you to choose some other place to make connection if possible.

Archived