Montego Bay Excursion with a Toddler?

patchofheaven

Looking for a beach getaway that's not all inclusive or if possible a 2 year toddler friendly Excursion in Montego Bay? Any ideas?

One of the closest activities is going to Secrets Resort on a day pass. Water is calm, you can see the ship, have lunch, have facilities nearby.

I wouldn't suggest a longer bus ride as most don't have seat belts. You can see the resort from the pier, so it is not far to travel.

OOPs - sorry, Secrets is an AI, my fault......

Edited by evandbob

Last time we went to Montego Bay our DD was about that age and we did the Hop On Hop Off bus through Carnival. One of the stops was Doctor's Cave beach and it looked beautiful. We did not end up doing it as we did not want to pay admission for the short time we were going to be there and DH really wanted to go to Margaritaville (which was the next stop). If we ever go back, I will probably just take a taxi and go there for the day. It is really pretty.

I also recommend Doctor's Cave Beach. We went this past January with our 3 1/2 yr old and 5 year old niece and she had a nice time.

It was $8 pp from the port by taxi with children under 4 free. Also admission to the beach was free for kids under 4.

• 2 weeks later...
Looking for a beach getaway that's not all inclusive or if possible a 2 year toddler friendly Excursion in Montego Bay? Any ideas?

Doctor's Cave Beach sounds like a winner. Thank you all for your suggestions!

I concur with Doctors Cave Beach. We took a taxi from the port. The ride was about 10 minutes.

One thing that surprised me was the entrance to the beach. It is in the middle of downtown. The entrance is an archway surrounded by store fronts. Once inside, the beach is beautiful.

We are taking our 3 year olds to the Grand Palladium though a day pass. The resort has large pools, a nice beach, no vendors, towels, and an amazing toddler splash area with tons of slides that end in a pool of water less than 12' deep. Plus, children under 4 are free!

Sorry...I missed the NOT all inclusive part!

Edited by lucyddr

• 1 year later...
We are taking our 3 year olds to the Grand Palladium though a day pass. The resort has large pools, a nice beach, no vendors, towels, and an amazing toddler splash area with tons of slides that end in a pool of water less than 12' deep. Plus, children under 4 are free!

Sorry...I missed the NOT all inclusive part!

How did you like Grand palladium with toddler? We are leaving in 3 weeks and still can't decide which AI resort to pick from MoBay cruise port? Just afraid that I won't get back to the cruise in time.