beach or shopping? Cozumel or Mahogany Bay

cbsgough

Cruising in April. Have two ports decided, 2 to go.

Cozumel

Mahogany Bay

Which one do I shop at and which one do I go to the beach?

Thanks!

My suggestion is to do your shopping at your local Walmart.

You will be on tropical islands. Enjoy them. BTW, a lot of the stuff they sell comes from China.

Roatan has some of the best beaches in the Caribbean. The beach at Mahogany Bay is not one of them.

Take a taxi to West Bay Beach. Beautiful white sand, great snorkeling, several venues along the beach for food, chairs and shade.

Roatan is a very safe environment, but it is too far to walk to anything from Mahogany Bay, hence the need for a taxi or a tour.

Cruising in April. Have two ports decided, 2 to go.

Cozumel

Mahogany Bay

Which one do I shop at and which one do I go to the beach?

Thanks!

\

My wife loves shopping in Cozumel short taxi ride away for under 10 dollars, you can haggle with merchants and many will give you a free beer while shopping, really nice restaurants downtown also, we will return in April for about the 20th time

It bothers me to read responses like "shop at home at Walmart" and "don't waste time shopping in a port".

The person asking is not looking for opinions on his or her choice to shop. He or she only wants to know which port is likely to have more options for shopping, or more options for good beaches.

It is not up to us to determine whether shopping on a cruise is good or bad. If you choose not to shop, then don't...and don't try to give advice on shopping.

As for me....I shop in every port! I might not buy anything, but I do go into a lot of the stores. And so I can say....both ports have lots of shops. I liked the Puerta Maya shopping area in Coz because it seemed more like a neighbourhood with several streets. The shopping area in Mahogany Bay was more like an open courtyard with shops all around the perimeter.

First of all the beach side of your question is totally your choice, both Roatan and Cozumel have great beaches. Looking for quantity of stuff to shop for inside the town then Cozumel is it. Cozumel is about shopping for those who wan to. If you are going into Mahogany Bay with Carnival they have a nice local vendors area within the port area you can stop at on the way back from the beach.