Pre- and Post-Cruise help!

MarLieb

It looks like we may arrive in Papeete 5 days prior to our PG cruise and depart 4 days after. I'm trying to figure out the best use of our time in those pre- and post-days.

My thoughts are to, perhaps, arrive and spend 2 nights at the Intercontinental to try to acclimate after the flights, then take a ferry to Moorea and stay 3 nights there prior to the cruise. We were then going to go to The Brando for 3 nights post-cruise.

Does that sound like a good plan? Or would you switch it around with The Brando pre-cruise and Moorea (or maybe another island?) post-cruise? Our cruise has 2 days scheduled in Moorea, so I'm not sure if we should spend the extra time there. I'm also trying to be cognizant of the fact that we will be pretty tired after our flight into Papeete. I've just read that staying at the Intercontinental in Tahiti for 5 nights probably isn't a good idea.

Thank you for any advice you can give!

It looks like we may arrive in Papeete 5 days prior to our PG cruise and depart 4 days after. I'm trying to figure out the best use of our time in those pre- and post-days.

My thoughts are to, perhaps, arrive and spend 2 nights at the Intercontinental to try to acclimate after the flights, then take a ferry to Moorea and stay 3 nights there prior to the cruise. We were then going to go to The Brando for 3 nights post-cruise.

Does that sound like a good plan? Or would you switch it around with The Brando pre-cruise and Moorea (or maybe another island?) post-cruise? Our cruise has 2 days scheduled in Moorea, so I'm not sure if we should spend the extra time there. I'm also trying to be cognizant of the fact that we will be pretty tired after our flight into Papeete. I've just read that staying at the Intercontinental in Tahiti for 5 nights probably isn't a good idea.

Thank you for any advice you can give!

All your ideas are good. I have stayed at the IC for 5 nights - don't believe everything you read! A couple of days on MOOREA pre cruise is also a good idea. There is much to do so don't let being there for two days on a cruise stop you.

Awesome you can afford the Brando. Have a great trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm with the others. If you can afford the Brando, you can afford a luxury hotel on Moorea, Bora Bora or Taha'a. Five nights at the IC would be a comedown compared to those.

Not sure if I would to the Brando first or last--perhaps last, since after that probably nothing is going to compare, lol! In fact, think about working your way up: first a nice hotel like the Sofitel on Moorea, then the cruise, then the Brando.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

Flightmedic555 and I think similar. One night IC Tahiti then over to another island.

Moorea is very accessible and on the return you could do the ferry and just walk over to the PG for the cruise. I would choose the Hilton or the Sofitel in that order. Do an OWB at either.

If you're thinking Bora Bora I would do the Thalasso. I like the Polynesian vibe at Le Moana but the view of the mountain is important so choose the Thalasso.

Le Tahaa Resort is very nice and if you're big on snorkeling it's a solid choice.

Do the Brando last ........ you don't want a let down after the cruise, the Brando will deliver the WOW after you've thought you saw it all.

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

Wow! Thank you SO much, everyone! I think our choice will be Moorea. After the flights from the east coast, I don't think my son and husband will want to see another plane until the end of the cruise! I like the fact that Moorea is close and we can take the ferry. And the fact that we can then just walk from the ferry to PG is really appealing (thanks for the tip, Tahitianbigkahuna!).

Thank you SO much!!! I really appreciate everyone's advice!

I would also think about spending a night at the IC Thalasso Bora Bora if you have an overnight stop there. Get an IHG credit card and you will get enough points for a free night - usually $1000 a night. Availability is quite limited though using points. Easy to get the free night at Le Moana which is around $700 a night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by twin123185