Non-all inclusive beach for kids

SunnyKitty

We are going to be in Costa Maya in February , it will be big crowd with kids from 4 to 11 years.

We do not care for drinks and not really need a lot of food.

But good beach for smaller ones and snorkeling for bigger kids is the must.

Kayaks and other stuff is optional.

what would be best beach for us?

We are going to be in Costa Maya in February , it will be big crowd with kids from 4 to 11 years.

We have been to Costa Maya a few times and can't think of any beach nearby for swimming. We will be there in about 10 days and I will see if I hear about anything that might work for you.

We take the bus into the little town (beach front) and enjoy massages on the beach but have never even tried to swim as it is not cleared.

There is a pool in the area by the pier which is free to use.

Kathy

Take the bus in to town. Go to the last bar/restaurant on the strip. The further down the "mini" strip you go the quieter the atmosphere and the better the prices. Last time we were there we walked by all the crowds at the first few beach bars. The very last one was quiet and relaxing. No minimum drink/food purchase reqd and massages were the least expensive of any I had seen. Nice beach area for little ones to play. Not sure about snorkeling, but they can definitely play in the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

you're not going to find watertoys like in Cozumel along the malecon. Thet've cleared the seagrass but the water is shallow and not crystal clear. Sandy bottom so not a good snorkeling venue. You do need to buy food and/or drinks to "cover" your use of the loungers.

Beyond NochHoch Kay, which is an AI booked in advance. There is one other place, Sulmar, mainly a bar, before the malecon ends. Although there is a hotel. Neither have any real facilities. Look into a place that can handle your group like Pez Quadro or Barefoot, or El Delfin. See the link in my signature for map and pictures.

My suggestion would be to tell the tram driver or taxi driver(s) to take you to Kim Bar or Krazy Lobster. And then when they drop you off, walk south along the malecon (to your right facing the water) until you find a spot that suits your needs.

Edited by crewsweeper

I highly suggest checking out Blue Kay for your day. It's the very first beach you come to on the Malecon and only about 8 minutes away and cost $3/pp adults and $2/per kid to get there.

The beach is super pretty and long compared to most of the other beaches along the malecon. The area is shallow enough for the little ones and out a small distance (but yet you can still stand up) there is some snorkeling. It's not fabulous snorkeling but plenty to see.

Check out my review, which can be found in my signature line. It has TONS of pictures of the place, the beach, and the snorkeling.

They also have bikes to rent, kayaks and other things. :)

Blue Kay for sure. It has everything in your list. The water is amazingly clear. Calm and shallow enough for little ones. We don't drink alcohol at all and always enjoy their virgin frozen drinks. They have water as well. Service on the beach is excellent. When we were there last November we ate some ceviche and it was amazing. That's the first time we've eaten there in 4 visits. Best of all it's the closest stop on the malecon.

I third Blue Kay, we were just there in December on the Getaway and it was great. I have some pics about halfway down the third page in my review in my signature below.

They have kayaks and paddle boards to rent, a large beach, and pretty decent food.