NCL Breakaway in Bermuda - which side?

sandinmyshoes

The search function isn't working right now and my family is booking this cruise for our parent's 50th anniversary. Everyone wants to know which side of the Breakaway to get balconies on so we are looking at land when we are in Bermuda.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

It docks both ways and there's no predicting how it will dock in any particular week.

Factors include which side's lifeboats if any have to be tested that week, tides, and wind conditions.

Once in a while a ship will actually change its docking orientation during its stay.

By the way, there's no bad side to face when you're docked in Bermuda.

There is no way to know in advance. But both sides are great. On one side you abut the port and get to watch all the folks scrambling to and fro, as well as the fort and some other historical buildings, and the other side is a beautiful ocean view of all the various islands and ferries shuttling back and forth. You really can't go wrong either way. ;):cool::D

Sorry, I didn't mean to repeat what the others have already said. (Don't you just hate that???) I guess I posted at the same time.

Edited by JuneauWhatIMean

I just returned from Bermuda on Sunday 08/17 and was on Port side which faced away from the dock. As others have said, it changes so there really is no way to know before you book. I personally like the view of the water better and our port side balcony had a great view of the fireworks on Friday night.

We were on the 8/3 sailing and the port side was to the dock.

I would have preferred that initially since I too like to people watch but I knew it was possible it could go either way and we booked last minute and there were no portside cabins available in the category on the deck we wanted.

Now that I've had the side looking out on the ocean (starboard on our sailing) and more Bermuda in the distance, we really enjoyed our balcony in this direction.

You can always go sit out on the waterfront and watch the dock happenings.

FYI...Our trip had the Celebrity Ship and Breakaway docked Aft to Aft...which in theory had me rethink an aft balcony but having now seen the distance between the two, I would book an Aft knowing this was possible since there is plenty of dock space between and you are not right on top of eachother.

I sailed on the Dawn port-side and we faced the dock. I will mention that facing the dock is probably louder than the side which faces the water. There is a bar right near the dock which played music which we could hear through the closed balcony door. It wasn't a huge deal, but if you have kids or light sleepers, it might make a difference (not that you can control it).

Edited by lolavix