beach day?

Maggie 3

Boat yard is a popular choice.

Hi Keith! Hope all is well, your cruise isn't to far away now :)

Jen and I will be in Barbados very soon! Are there any other beaches around that might not be so crowded? The Boatyard looks like fun, but we might enjoy something a little more secluded, laid back.

Or, any other suggestions for things that are must see in our short stay?

Thanks,

Barry

O.P. sorry for the highjack

Barry, for something a bit more laid back you and Jenny could go to Lobsters Alive which is next to Boatyard. No charge to use the beach and you can rent chairs and umbrellas there. :)

LuLu

Edited by OCruisers

Barry, for something a bit more laid back you and Jenny could go to Lobsters Alive which is next to Boatyard. No charge to use the beach and you can rent chairs and umbrellas there. :)

LuLu

I will look into that, thanks for the tip!

Barry

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi Keith! Hope all is well, your cruise isn't to far away now :)

Jen and I will be in Barbados very soon! Are there any other beaches around that might not be so crowded? The Boatyard looks like fun, but we might enjoy something a little more secluded, laid back.

Or, any other suggestions for things that are must see in our short stay?

Thanks,

Barry

O.P. sorry for the highjack

Hi Barry,

How is it going? Yup our cruise is just around the corner....can't wait.:)

if you are interested in getting away from the crowds then boatyard may not be a good fit. There is a beach (actually it is the same stretch of beach the boat yard shares) called Browne's Beach...it does not have much in the way of amenities though...just bathrooms and a place to rinse off after your swim. No beach chairs and not much shelter but it is quite popular with the locals.

There is also Carlisle Bay...which is a stone's throw away from the boatyard (again same stretch of beach) it has basically the same set up as the boatyard but is a little less crowded.

I would also recommend Harrison's Cave...it is simply amazing.

If you are into history...Bridgetown and its surrounding areas have recently been designated a world heritage site by Unesco...there are quite a few historical buildings in the city itself and one of the oldest parliament buildings in the western hemisphere.

P.S....OP sorry for the hijack but I hope this info helps you as well.:)

Edited by Bajan Keith

Hi Barry,

How is it going? Yup our cruise is just around the corner....can't wait.:)

if you are interested in getting away from the crowds then boatyard may not be a good fit. There is a beach (actually it is the same stretch of beach the boat yard shares) called Browne's Beach...it does not have much in the way of amenities though...just bathrooms and a place to rinse off after your swim. No beach chairs and not much shelter but it is quite popular with the locals.

There is also Carlisle Bay...which is a stone's throw away from the boatyard (again same stretch of beach) it has basically the same set up as the boatyard but is a little less crowded.

I would also recommend Harrison's Cave...it is simply amazing.

If you are into history...Bridgetown and its surrounding areas have recently been designated a world heritage site by Unesco...there are quite a few historical buildings in the city itself and one of the oldest parliament buildings in the western hemisphere.

P.S....OP sorry for the hijack but I hope this info helps you as well.:)

Very good info, thanks so much Keith!

Barry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I was reading reviews for excursions in Barbados and one person recommended going to Braeden's, I searched Google and didn't find any info on this.

Do you know what they meant?

Thanks,

Barry

I think they probably meant "Brandons" beach...which is the closest beach to the cruise terminal. You may actually be able to see if from the ship depending on how you are docked.

Its a very nice beach. Quite popular with the locals. Not much in the way of amenities.

I think they probably meant "Brandons" beach...which is the closest beach to the cruise terminal. You may actually be able to see if from the ship depending on how you are docked.

Its a very nice beach. Quite popular with the locals. Not much in the way of amenities.

Thanks again Keith, your awesome!

Barry

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

We walked to the boatyard. They charge $30 for two chairs and one umbrella. While we were standing there, we were approached by a gentleman from a little farther down the beach. He offered us the same deal for $15. They also had 4 beers for $10 that they brought to us at our beach chairs. They also hooked us up with a snorkeling tour from the beach for $20 per person. We snorkeled with turtles and checked out a ship wreck before dropping us off at our chairs.

Can you walk to this beach from the cruise ship? We have an excursion at 12:30 but dock at 7:30. Wanted to spend a few hours at the beach before. Thanks

Can you walk to this beach from the cruise ship? We have an excursion at 12:30 but dock at 7:30. Wanted to spend a few hours at the beach before. Thanks

Yes...you can easily walk to this beach from the ship. 5-10 minutes tops.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Go to Accra Beach....great place....they have food there, but take a break...leave your things on your chairs and walk across the street to JustGrillin for delicious flying fish sandwich.....

The sandwiches at just grillin are good but there are a couple of places on accra beach...chicken george and mr. Delicious snack bar which are just as good for a fraction of the price.

The sandwiches at just grillin are good but there are a couple of places on accra beach...chicken george and mr. Delicious snack bar which are just as good for a fraction of the price.

Once again, thank you Keith!

Less than 3 more weeks till your cruise :)

Barry

We walked to the boatyard. They charge $30 for two chairs and one umbrella.

It was my understanding of the Boatyard pricing that for the $30 you got two chairs a shared umbrella, each a cocktail and a return ride back to the ship. To say they charged $30 for two chairs is misleading which I'm sure that wasn't your intent.