Where Is Infinity?

Sandtrap328

Mrs. Trap and I will be boarding the Infinity on Sept. 18 for a 17 night cruise from San Francisco through the Panama Canal to Florida.

I cannot find anything that tells me where the Infinity will be for the week before our sailing. Is it under a private charter, is it in drydock, or what?

Mrs. Trap and I will be boarding the Infinity on Sept. 18 for a 17 night cruise from San Francisco through the Panama Canal to Florida.

I cannot find anything that tells me where the Infinity will be for the week before our sailing. Is it under a private charter, is it in drydock, or what?

She is sailing on Sept 4th for 9 nights....so that ends on the 13th....

So you are asking about the 5 nights before your cruise? Who knows..

Maybe call Celebrity and ask them:).... I doubt she is going into drydock

for 5 nights though.

Extracted from the port of San Francisco website:

• The cruise ship Celebrity Infinity has been chartered to provide hotel space for conference attendees who otherwise would not be able to find hotel rooms in San Francisco during Salesforce’s Dreamforce annual convention in September 2015. There were 135,000 registered attendees for this convention in 2014, and hotel rooms in San Francisco were at a premium.

• The cruise ship is scheduled to sail into San Francisco on September 13, and upon arrival will disembark approximately 2,000 cruise passengers ending a voyage. From September 14-18, approximately 2,000 Dreamforce attendees will utilize the ship as a hotel. Once the hotel guests depart on September 18, the ship will embark another 2,000 cruise passengers and sail from San Francisco on a regularly scheduled voyage.

Also sailing on 9/18. This seems like good news for us. Infinity will be docked in SF for several days so no customs requirement. 2000 non-suit wearing techies will hopefully be toting carry-on luggage only, so maybe a quick debarkation. Hoping for early boarding. Now I understand though why my SF hotel room is so expensive.

Private charter as floating hotel in San Francisco for five days.