Royal Suite over Sky Suite

RCI Cruisers 004

Those aft corner sky suites are very nice

To me the key words you used are "pay it off" and "budget correctly."

If this money is just pocket change to you, then I would say sure, why not go for it, without hesitation.

But the fact that you need to think about it and budget for it strongly indicates that the money would likely be better spent elsewhere.

You say the price of the royal suite is double what you paid for the sky suite.

Do you really believe that the royal suite will make her twice as happy as the sky suite?

Excellent advice. Suites are nice but, like sex, the pleasure is fleeting and the cost can be prohibitive. Stay in the S1 and spend what you're comfortable with to make her day special.

Incidentally, I remember years ago Princess had a loan program for people who couldn't really afford the cost of a cruise. Somewhere along the line, I believe it was dropped. Going into hock for a cruise is really bad business.

How long is your cruise?.....on a longer cruise I would go for the Royal with no hesitation....the size of the suite (with all the upgraded features) the complimentary minibar,premium drink package,unlimited specialty dining,Michael's club etc, unlimited internet, etc......

Of course you could go half way....with a Celebrity suite.....much larger suite but, no real extras other than Michael's club (not to be scoffed at as a perk) and the Celebrity suite would come in between the sky ant the Royal in price.

I always look at it like..in the end our most prized possessions are our experiences... and if this would be a once in a lifetime thing I would go for it. It would be a memory to talk about for many years to come...and money is only money...sometimes you have to say...what the hell...(not TOO often of course lol)

Hello, we already have an aft corner Sky suite booked on our upcoming first Celebrity cruise. However, my wife's birthday will fall on the third day of the cruise and yes, it's one of those milestone birthdays ! I am thinking of surprising her with an upgrade to a Royal Suite to make this birthday that much more memorable. The price is double of what I paid for the Sky suite or, but I have plenty of time to pay it off if I budget correctly . I would love your opinions if you think it would be worth it. I really want to make this a special day for her and am thinking this might be a good attempt ! Thanks in advance !

We have traveled on both M and S class in RS and love it! The space, extra bathroom, suite perks, etc. you can ask your butler to arrange a party in your room and decorate for your wife. We did that for my Mom a few summers ago...lovely. party in the suite with cruise critic friends! A blast! I would upgrade, but then we cruise once a year and save for the splurge! Enjoy!

I would prefer the S1 aft. I love to sit and watch the wake. Michael's club is no big deal. You get all the other perks.

If were me, I would want my husband to get me a gift to remember the special birthday. And you can also use the extra money on spa treatments, etc.