Just want to Tour the Missouri...Transportation???

messengerc21

We will be arriving on Monday, 5-4 on the Star and want to see the USS Missouri as it was not there the other times we visited Hawaii. Is the best way a Cab? It sounds like the entrance to it is not where the Arizona is. Also, from our Cruise ship, can we walk to Downtown? I appreciate the help as I'm thinking of Touring the Missouri then going Downtown and the Beach. I see on the Missouri website that we can tour almost Hourly starting at 9:00am, we dock at 7:00am......I appreciate any help here on the logistics! Mark

As the access to the Missouri is through the Pearl Harbor Memorial, all of the many threads about taxi and bus to Pearl Harbor apply to getting to the Missouri. Take one of the more advanced tours of the Missouri- it is worth it.

Define "downtown" as to walking from the ship. Waikiki (most people's idea of "downtown") is not really walkable from the ship. Well, it can be done- we have done it. But not recommended as a good use of your time.

The true "business district" downtown is walkable from the ship.

While we were in Honolulu two months ago it has been several years since we have visited the "Mighty Mo." The Missouri is actually located at Ford Island. Tickets are bought at the Pearl Harbor Memorial center and visitors to the Missouri take a shuttle to Ford Island. Unless the situation has changed recently Missouri visitors must take the shuttle to Ford Island and cannot drive themselves there.

One interesting Honolulu attraction which is within easy walking distance to where cruise ships generally dock is the I'olani Palace.

we went on the bus from Waikiki to Pearl - 5 people, cost <$10 - took a good hour or there about...

check your bags at the gate and as others said, buy your bus shuttle to the mighty mo when you arrive... I think the buses to and from pearl --> Mis run every 30 minutes (correct me if I'm wrong)

Good luck - it's definitely a worth while trip!

As the access to the Missouri is through the Pearl Harbor Memorial, all of the many threads about taxi and bus to Pearl Harbor apply to getting to the Missouri. Take one of the more advanced tours of the Missouri- it is worth it.

Yes, I second this! The "Heart of the Missouri" tour is well worth the extra money!! And yes, you have to go through Pearl Harbor to get to the Mighty Mo. It's on the active base, and only the shuttles and military personnel can get in there.