Beaches walking distance from ports?

I am disabled on O2 24/7 and use a scooter to travel. I am wanting to take another Carnival cruise with my friend. Since you are only at port for a few hours I need help and opinions on what ports of call ( no tenders) have accessible beaches within walking distance. (Especially the free ones). All I really want to do is get in the ocean with my 50 ft O2 line. Lol. Maybe rent some chairs and an umbrella and food drinks like Junkaroo Beach in the Bahamas. I had a great experience there. Are there any places similar? Which beaches can I ride my scooter to the water (like boardwalks) or use a beach buggy wheelchair? I also have heard using an inflatable that someone can drag me through the sand to the water. I am planning my cruise based on this criteria only. I have spent the last week going through the forums and threads on here, but have not found enough information to help me make a decision. Any help, suggestions will be appreciated! Thank you in advance! :)

First of all, you may want to post this to the disabled cruisers forums for more answers... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

As for accessibility with a scooter, you probably won't do well with one on that type of situation. The sand and the salt water can do harm to the motor and body of the scooter. You will want to look into a manual wheel chair most likely unless you can walk a decent amount.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 7 edge using Tapatalk.

There are only a few that I can think of that have close beaches to he dock area. Isla Roatan Honduras is one. Carnival docks at "mahogany Bay" which is their own cruise port. But there is a great deal of sand to get through before getting to the water. As sherilyn70 says you may need a non motorized wheelchair for this. Grand Turk & Amber Cove Dominican Republic might also have similar beach areas, but again there will be sand before you get to water.

Many major cruise lines supply beach wheelchairs on their private islands, although you need to book one in advance. But beaches on Carribbean Islands, I'm not so sure you will find that there.

If you really want to spend a lot of time at the beach, you might be better off going to one of these resorts instead:

http://blog.themobilityresource.com/blog/post/7-most-beautiful-wheelchair-accessible-resorts-in-the-world

However, I was able to find a travel agent site that offers "wheelchair accessible shore excursions Caribbean". If you google that phrase, it should show up for you. (Sorry I can't tell you the company name here - we are not allowed to mention travel agents or agencies here.)

If you google, "wheelchair/scooter accessible Caribbean Islands" lots of info pops up. Of course, US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico have the same laws as the States, regarding accessibility...The other islands...not so much.

Google it...and try and base your ports on what you find, if possible. This can be a tricky proposition! Good luck!