Equinox - Sunset Verandah or Concierge Class?

cruz.n.carebear

I'm looking at the Equinox Mediterranean cruise next year for my family. This sailing doesn't have any family balconies available, so I'm trying to come up with next best option.

Is it the better choice to get a Sunset Verandah (there are 3 cabins worth of people) all together with some connecting, or should we go with the Concierge class? It's only $20 difference in price...just wondering which is the better way to go. Aft, or go with service?

My choice would be the sunset cabins. The balconies 'feel' bigger and I like to watch the wake as we travel. The only downside would be the fairly long walk to elevators compared to location of other balcony cabins. I don't feel the concierge cabins are worthwhile, although

some will disagree with that.

The Equinox and other Solstice class ships and cabins are my favorites and I've been on several of them as well as other Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and Princess ships.

the only real benefit on Concierge IMHO is the extra points you accumulate. (And that’s actually a good thing--we did it, and got to Elite a bit quicker). Believe me, the other benefits are minuscule. The AFT balcony would be great for a group traveling together--you might even be able to open the partitions and give yourselves one big balcony to socialize.

On a med cruise we found we rarely used our balcony as the cruises are very port intensive. We'd still get one but not make our cabin choice based on its size. We found being closer to the elevator excellent as we'd do a lot of walking at each port.

just wondering which is the better way to go. Aft, or go with service?

There will be no difference in the level of service between the two choices. Go with the one that will allow you to get the 3 conecting cabins, and have the steward take down the dividers. Presto! You have a huge family veranda.

That said, we are members of "The A.S.S." Aft Snob Society!

Edited by wallie5446

Only you can decide what wpis right for you, as someone who has done both Concierge & Aft Sunset here are my list of pros & cons:

Concierge:

* a good deal when priced right... The added perks are nice and can add up over the course of the cruise. At the very least we say they are worth aprox $ 100 US as typically that is what similar items would cost if bought as a Celebrity Experience Pkg that only included Bubbly, Fruit Basket & Flowers

* priority services at check in (separate line), D-Day Wait Lounge (we had a Conf room with coffee on the Summit)

* nice in room amenities (such as extra toiletries)

* C1s rock !! Fabulous locations on all Celebrity Ships... Including some that are Aft Sunsets with oversized balconies

* C2s on S-Class Ships that are midship near the elevators... And just off the hump with oversized balconies

* Extra CC Points... Can make a difference for some loyal Celebrity Cruisers

Aft Sunsets:

* our Favourite cabins on the ship (in all categories... veranda - concierge - aqua - suites)

* means oversized balconies on M-Class ships

* long way to walk tho on S-Class Ships where there are no Aft Elevators

* watch the prices closely !! strangely this is a category that can fluctuate / change a lot... Not uncommon to see them higher priced at times than Concierge... Or close to both Concierge & Aqua. That is when you really have to reevaluate and decide if they are worth it vs the perks of taking a higher level cabin that has more real perks included

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

There will be no difference in the level of service between the two choices. Go with the one that will allow you to get the 3 conecting cabins, and have the steward take down the dividers. Presto! You have a huge family veranda.

That said, we are members of "The A.S.S." Aft Snob Society!

Not quite true... There are more perks (service ?) for a concierge cabin.

As for your A.S.S. comment... I couldn't agree more. Where do I sign up (if this isn't a Roll Call Forum Group on CC it certainly should be)

Cheers!

Can't go wrong either way. I do not like the aft, I like to see where we are going. That would drive me crazy looking out back all cruise bu that's just me. Lot's of folks love the aft, just make sure you know what your party likes.

We are fans of CC mainly because of the location, foot stools and expanded breakfast room service.

enjoy

I would vote for the SV also. Love the wake. Someone mentioned Aqua and while it is lovely, only 2 are allowed per cabin. I think you mentioned having family.

I would keep checking for the FV cabins. You might get lucky with a cancellation.