Vista Suite

dlouise

We have stayed in an Oceania suite on the Riviera on our last two cruises but they are none available for our upcoming trip so we are thinking of booking a Vista suite.

Is there a TV in the living room, and is the Master bath similar to the one in the Oceania suite. Is it as light and bright.

We are looking at one on deck 12, any thoughts........

Is it possible to book a Vista, and wait list for an Oceania at the same time? We love the Oceania suite and would be much happier there. My husband loves the TV room!

I haven't been in an OC yet (although I will be in November) but we have been in a Vista on Marina. Yes, there is a TV in the living room. The Vista doesn't have a media room -- unless things have changed in the past two years. Instead we had a room beyond the bedroom which had two exercise machines.

I personally prefer the Vista set-up since I would rather have the TV in the living room than the media room -- unlike your husband! There is also a TV in the bedroom.

You can indeed book one and wait list another. At least I have done so ...

Talk to your TA if you have one.

Mura

These were actually taken in Suite 12000 during Riviera's maiden season. There are a few glimpses of what was a small fitness area, just off the bedroom; pay no attention as it has since morphed into a larger master bedroom closet.

143726.jpg Bedroom

220605.jpg Living/Dining facing forward

140257.jpg Master Bathroom

150329.jpg Guest (but still a full) Bathroom

170209.jpgDeck 12 Veranda

Hope that this helped

Enjoy your fabulous Suite, they are STUNNING

Yes they are. The interior size of the Vista Suites vary by deck, but all of them are at least 20% larger than the Deck 12 Oceania Suites.

agreed. They all have a slightly different layout.

Last year we were on a cabin crawl and got to see all of the different Vista suite layouts. None of them (to me anyway) are better or worse than the others. You will enjoy it

Jim & Stan, thanks for the pics of the VS.

Do you know if the small gym has been replaced on Marina as well and is it now just another wardrobe area?

Finally, do you have any pics of the balcony hot tub area of the Deck 12 Vista suites?

Cheers! :)

I'm told that the mini-gyms have all been replaced in lieu of a more capacious Master Closet.

133748.jpg Apparently private exercise was not as popular as originally anticipated, and as large as the Vista Suites are, storage was an issue in the original layout.

135436.jpgThis is the Deck 12 Hot Tub which, like those in all of the big Suites, is actually a Tub!

The box to the right of the window is the control for the outdoor entertainment system. Movement of any kind is now officially discouraged ;)

Hope that this helped~

• 10 months later...

We are off to Rome tonight, and will board the Riviera on Friday. We still have not cleared for an Oceania Suite so it will be a Vista for us. We are getting excited........only a few more hours and we are off!

You'll like the Vista better if TV is important. We've sailed in the Oceania Suite on the last cruise we took on "O". Also it's very small, "O" would have been better off if they did away with the TV room and put the TV in the living room-push the desk to the side and the bar in the back area making the living a nice size room. Now it's to chopped up.

Rick

We were in a deck 12 VS back in December on Marina.......the gym is still a gym. There are TVs in the main living room, bedroom and gym, plus the outdoor one at the end of the hot tub.

The photo of the hot tub above is not on deck 12 as labelled......deck 12 hot tubs are around the corner on the aft most part of the verandah.

My girlfriend and I were in suite 12000 for a transatlantic, Rome to Rio, in 2012. The suite is stunning- the pictures don't prepare you for the grandeur of the suite. We felt like we were walking into a New York Park Avenue Apartment! Until you walk out on the balcony and view your beautiful ocean you forget you are on a ship! The location on the ship is perfect- quiet and secluded. The only issue was the wind. The Oceania Suite balcony is very usable but with the Vista the furniture has to be tied down and released by your cabin stewards. It was very windy most of the cruise but a few days in port we were able to have lunch out on the balcony- that was really special. We had 3 cabin stewards and 1 butler- the service was beyond excellent. You are going to have a magnificent time!

• 2 weeks later...

The above post is exactly what our wonderful butler, Churchill, told us about the Vista Suite. We were in an Oceania Suite and I asked him about the Vista suites for possible future cruises. he said there was a wind problem and that when the ship was underway it was generally not possible even to go out on the balcony because of the wind.

Since I love the balconies this was a real negative... With a port intensive cruise, provided I suppose that one stays on board a lot, it shouldn't be a problem.

(I loved my Oceania suite!!)

• 2 weeks later...
The above post is exactly what our wonderful butler, Churchill, told us about the Vista Suite. We were in an Oceania Suite and I asked him about the Vista suites for possible future cruises. he said there was a wind problem and that when the ship was underway it was generally not possible even to go out on the balcony because of the wind.

Since I love the balconies this was a real negative... With a port intensive cruise, provided I suppose that one stays on board a lot, it shouldn't be a problem.

(I loved my Oceania suite!!)

Hi - I have not read any of this threat, just happened upon this comment. We were in 9001 last December and we could not use our balconey when the ship was moving. I do not know what the side-facing Vistas or other suites experienced, and in fact I do not know if the other front-facing Vistas had the same problem.

We just returned from our cruise on the Riviera and LOVED the Vista suite we were in #12000. It was beautiful!

My husband used the exercise machines so that space was not wasted.

It was great to have a TV in the living room, we are used to being in an Oceania suite where the TV is in a separate media room.

My only problem with the suite was the terrace. It was impossible to sit out there when the ship is moving....and when you do sit out there when in port you can't see anything because the railing wall is solid....not glass like the Oceania suite. As a result we never sat out there and went to the pool instead. I really like to sit on the terrace in the afternoon after returning from port and read. As much as we liked the suite we will go back to an Oceania suite if available on future trips.

We just returned from our cruise on the Riviera and LOVED the Vista suite we were in #12000. It was beautiful!

My husband used the exercise machines so that space was not wasted.

It was great to have a TV in the living room, we are used to being in an Oceania suite where the TV is in a separate media room.

My only problem with the suite was the terrace. It was impossible to sit out there when the ship is moving....and when you do sit out there when in port you can't see anything because the railing wall is solid....not glass like the Oceania suite. As a result we never sat out there and went to the pool instead. I really like to sit on the terrace in the afternoon after returning from port and read. As much as we liked the suite we will go back to an Oceania suite if available on future trips.

We had the Vista suite as well and had the same problem with the terrace. Sadly, that was the main reason we booked that suite, so we will happily "downgrade" to an Oceania suite on the next one. Otherwise the cruise was perfection - every single thing.

If you are unable to use your terrace, why not go to the sundeck at the canyon ranch spa? it was amazing - see-through plexiglass rail and enough of an upcharge that was not crowded at all. While we were so disappointed we could only use our terrace in port, the sun deck MORE than made up for it!!!

What a wonderful ship!!!!!!