longest ship in Juneau?

wdwlvr94

Our two NB cruises were in Juneau for quite a day, and a quick peek on the Princess website indicates that (at least the random sailing I checked) has the Star Princess in Juneau from 8am to 9pm, so that's 12.5 real hours to do your Juneau thing (thang?). You could also look at the CLA schedules posted at http://www.claalaska.com and comb through the Juneau PDF.

Just curious, why do you want to spend so much time in Juneau?

We plan on going up the tram if the weather is good & visit Mendenhall - for a dejavu photo more than any other reason.

Not OP but Juneau is by far my favorite port. I try to do Tracy Arm there but if I can't - I definitely fill the day with other activities.

Just curious, why do you want to spend so much time in Juneau?

We plan on going up the tram if the weather is good & visit Mendenhall - for a dejavu photo more than any other reason.

Just seems like our group has several different tours/excursions they want to do there! The tram is new since we last trip (9/01) and lots of other things look exciting!

Thanks for the info about the CLAAlaska site! Will def check that out!

[quote=wdwlvr94;50850839 The tram is new since we last trip (9/01) and lots of other things look exciting!

!

The tram was being built during my second trip there in 1996, it was certainly there in 2001. :)

I wouldn't go by that alone - compare it to the cruise line site once you find a ship that interests you.

Of course you should double-check the cruise line's website to verify. But if it comes down to a google search for every cruise line that visits Juneau, then enough mad clicking to check the itinerary of every sailing (what if the August 3rd sailing has a special longer day in Juneau than the rest?), and enough notes to fill a legal pad, or simply reading a five-page PDF to get the whole picture before a quick confirmation, I know what I'm going to pick.

The tram was being built during my second trip there in 1996, it was certainly there in 2001. :)

I went up on the Tram in 1998 while on the old Island Princess. I thought it was overpriced back then lol