NCL UK stiff the Brits again

Froggitt

Check the small print on the new promo

FREE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE

FREE PREMIUM DRINKS PACKAGE

FREE Shore Excursion Credit

FREE 250 MINUTE INTErnet PACKAGE

Book a cruise of 5 to 16 nights sailing from 1 October 2015 in ANY STATEROOM and choose your FREE offer*.

Back to Miami for booking cruises departing from now till October.

Book a cruise of 5 to 16 nights sailing from 1 October 2015 in ANY STATEROOM and choose your FREE offer*.

What part of this stiffs you? I am not seeing the problem...

Three things:

1. The UK got the last UBP, UDP offer for a month longer than the US, we got the lame promos.

2. Your promos still include the gratuities.

3. October is 4 months ahead, maybe NCL is trying to encourage advance bookings outside of the 90 final payment window for the UK.

Edited by wichitastatecruiser

I'll bold the relevant bit for you

Here's the million dollar question... Since the previous promo was available from January through May 31st for all cruise dates, why hadn't you booked the pre-October 1 dated cruise you are interested during the 5 full months previously? Are you saying that this this was suddenly an option to go on a cruise this week, but last week you had no intention of it?

Your lack of decisiveness or prior planning does not amount to a "stiffing" by NCL.

Promos change all the time. You had several months to nail this one down.

Three things:

1. The UK got the last UBP, UDP offer for a month longer than the US, we got the lame promos.

2. Your promos still include the gratuities.

3. October is 4 months ahead, maybe NCL is trying to encourage advance bookings outside of the 90 final payment window for the UK.

1. The UK offer was open to US cruisers. Ive already made the point that UK bookings will now go thru NCL US.

2. Do they? Where is that then?

3. Presumably they don't want to encourage summer 2015 bookings thru NCL UK.

Here's the million dollar question... Since the previous promo was available from January through May 31st for all cruise dates, why hadn't you booked the pre-October 1 dated cruise you are interested during the 5 full months previously? Are you saying that this this was suddenly an option to go on a cruise this week, but last week you had no intention of it?

Your lack of decisiveness or prior planning does not amount to a "stiffing" by NCL.

Promos change all the time. You had several months to nail this one down.

You have no idea why I have held off from booking, so don't surmise I am indecisive or suffer from a prior planning malady.

Check the even smaller print in the T's and C's as well -

"Ultimate Beverage Package: Applicable to first and second person on the reservation only...."

"Ultimate dining package: Applicable to first and second person of 3 years and older on the reservation only...."

Under the old Europe promo with the UBP the first two got the full UBP and and extra guests got the soda package. All adults on the booking got the full UDP. Hence, the current promo is not so good if there are more than two on your booking. Just goes to show how you need to check right through the headlines down to the micro-print to see what you are getting. And it is still a gamble as to whether to go now or later when you don't know how many cards are going to be available in the next deck!

Glad we did our suite bookings for three of us under the old promo because the internet package is not worth so much to us anyway.

1. The UK offer was open to US cruisers. Ive already made the point that UK bookings will now go thru NCL US.

2. Do they? Where is that then?

3. Presumably they don't want to encourage summer 2015 bookings thru NCL UK.

1. If you are planning on booking from now to Sept. 30th and the foreign transaction fees on your card are worth the cost of the promos then go right ahead and book through the US site. However for the month that we had lame promos I doubt it would have been economical for a US person to book through NCL UK. I can't go back and compare prices from last months promo but I can compare prices from the current promo. October 10th NCL Getaway on NCL UK is $1,538.00 GBP which at the current exchange rate is $2,360.36 USD. The same cruise booked through NCL US is $2,673.72 USD. So you guys are $313.36 USD cheaper. If we factored in a 3% foreign transaction fee of $70.81, that would be a savings of $242.55 for the US to book though NCL UK assuming they pay the entire balance off at the same exchange rate.

2. From NCL UK website:

Ultimate Beverage Package:

Applicable to first and second person on the reservation only. Additional guests can purchase the Ultimate Beverage Package at their discretion. Guest must be at least 21 years of age at time of sailing to qualify for the ultimate beverage package. Guests under 21 will receive the soda package. Variety of spirits and cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to $11. Includes fountain soda and juice, Non-alcoholic beer is included. Ultimate beverage package option includes 18% gratuity on the package. A 20% discount will be given on bottles of wine (champagne and sparkling included) purchased on board, Applicable taxes, US and VAT may apply based on certain destinations. Does not apply to the Ice Bars. Variety of spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer over $11. Does not include room service, package sales, bottled water, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated super premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, fresh squeezed juices, Lavazza coffee beverages, wine dispenser, energy drinks or vending machines.

Ultimate dining package:

Applicable to first and second person of 3 years and older on the reservation only. Additional guests can purchase the Ultimate Dining Package at their discretion. Unlimited dining at specialty restaurants. Ultimate dining option includes 18% Gratuities and Specialty Service Charge. The UDP does not include beverages or corresponding gratuity. Includes add-ons in Le Bistro such as Fruit de Mer, Lobster and Cote De Boeuf. Does not apply to Special Occasion Menus e.g. New Year¹s, Christmas, Valentines day, etc. $10 per each additional main courses will be charged in Le Bistro & Cagney’s . A 25% Discount applies on a la carte priced restaurants, Bayamo and Ocean Blue. 25% Discount will be offered on all Entertainment based dining (Murder Mystery, Cirque Dreams & Dinner, Illusionarium, Supper Club, Wine Lovers, Pajama Jam). Spiegel tent/Illusionarium Chef’s Table, Jazz Brunch, Carlo’s Bakery items, Ice Cream Bar and Gelato are not part of the package. Ultimate dining package is not applicable for Infants.

3. Yes people who were waiting last minute to book and want to cruise between now and September 30th may book through the US engine, but a majority of UK people planning a Stateside vacation during the summer probably already had their plans booked since the US is known to have inflated prices during our summer months.

Can't see any stiffing here either. Promos change and as said, other than booking window this promo is better than the one in US. And nobody is saying that Brits couldn't book with US T&C and promos if they wanted - so actually Brits have now a lot more options, definitely not being stiffed.

Ncl uk includes the gratuities on the udp and ubp because they know that brits would not pay the gratuities they would remove them from dsc for sure as most other europeans...gratuity and tips is not in the culture of europeans and australians and because ncl knows that us would absolutely pay anything shown as gratuity thats why they implemented this ridiculous service charge at ubp and udp

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Higher cruise fares + no promo over summer = stiffing in my book.

You need to amend that... High cruise fares + no promo if you procrastinated and waited until June 1 or later to book your summer cruise

You had five full months of great promos and you chose to wait. Oh well...

Ncl uk includes the gratuities on the udp and ubp because they know that brits would not pay the gratuities they would remove them from dsc for sure as most other europeans...gratuity and tips is not in the culture of europeans and australians and because ncl knows that us would absolutely pay anything shown as gratuity thats why they implemented this ridiculous service charge at ubp and udp

As they should have for those who remove the customary service charge for no other reason than they disagree with its principle. There's nothing ridiculous about that.

So you book an inside and get the UBP?? Sounds pretty good to me. All I could get now is a soda package. It would make me want to book an October cruise [emoji28]

So you book an inside and get the UBP?? Sounds pretty good to me.
No, insides and studios can only get the soda package. As far as I can see, the offers are the same as the US promo, but the terms are less advantageous for UK customers (eligible sailings are only from October 1, 2015, and cruise length has to be at least 5 days).

That may be enough to count as "stiffing the Brits" for someone who is very sensitized to this issue and/or resentful over some past experiences with NCL US vs UK. But I'm sure there have been times in the past where there has been a big promo in the US and no promotion at all in the UK (or vice versa). These are two different booking offices, they don't operate exactly in parallel lock-step.

One thing I do note with this Promo in the Brits favor is with the UDP package, which seems to differ in it's terms related to children.

In the US, I thought that there is no longer any "child" pricing for specialties, and that kids are now excluded from the UDP promos. If the kid eats from the specialty menu, mom and dad pay full price. Initially, the UDP promos covered everyone in the cabin, including kids. Then they made the no kids pricing rule, and people were told the promo did not include them. Mom and dad ate free, kid paid if not eating off the ship wide kids menu.

But, the UK promo says this, *applicable to first and second persons of 3 years and older on the reservation only....

So, while it is only good for 2 in the cabin rather than all adults, a 2 person booking consisting of a parent and child in a cabin would both get the package, which is a significant advantage for those who have 10 year olds who like to order the filet at Cagneys;). But not very consistent when it comes to kids and the UDP.

Thats a massive generalisation.:mad: