What's The Red Star Mean?

rickcop44

At embarkation, it is a notation to the staff to hand you a helmet, because you were gullible enough to be responsible for everything and be willing to pay. I need more friends like you!

Aw, typical Midwestern response. See where I'm from? We midwesterners are always giving and caring.

Funny thread! :D

I was just entering my Sail & Sign statement into Quicken, and at the bottom it lists the members on the account. Between the folio number and my name there is an asterisk. Just below it says (* Responsible Party). Soooo, I believe that this is the same star that you are seeing online.

• 3 years later...

This thread made my day. I stumbled across it after searching Google for "red star next to name on carnival website." Long story short, I noticed a red star to my name when I logged into the Carnival website under the "My Billing" tab. I was curious to find out what it meant.

After reading all 5 pages of this thread, it makes perfect sense. Although I still cringed at the post which said it means Carnival identified the cruiser as a CC member. LOL.

Sometimes it's good to reignite old threads. Thanks Google! :D

Okay, K&P Luv2Cruise - I love your countdown clock! Where did you get it? I have found some other ones that I like, but if I try to enter it into my signature the code doesn't work. I've only been successful entering the one that is created by CC.

Thanks in advance!

Sherryl

We booked two cabins. So I have a star and my son has a star. Now he is 21, but I'll be shocked (shocked I say) if his wallet makes an appearance on the cruise. Boatingmom, any chance your daughter can help with his bar bill. One star person to another and all.

Following up, I called my PVP at Carnival. Turns out the red star includes the following perks: I can order as many entrees in the dining room as I want, I get unlimited soft serve ice cream, and if I combine my star with a FTTF excursion for the low price of 49.95 I can board early.

Wonder how the non-star people will get by?

Okay, K&P Luv2Cruise - I love your countdown clock! Where did you get it? I have found some other ones that I like, but if I try to enter it into my signature the code doesn't work. I've only been successful entering the one that is created by CC.

Thanks in advance!

Sherryl

Sherryl,

I think you are talking about the Carnival Countdown from I can tell.

Go to Carnival.com

Click on Manage from the main choices at the top

Click on My Booking

When the Booking Summary comes up click on Cruise Details

When the details screen comes up, on the right hand side, you will see a item called "My Cruise Countdown" click on that

Fill in the three things they ask for, and click create widget.

There will be two types of code.

Copy the UBB Code from the Carnival site

Paste it into your signature setup on CC.

Hope that helps.

The star means you have been identified as a member of CC :) Be warned that your luggage will be searched thoroughly (shoes and void spaces included) for any smuggling. You may or may not be strip searched when you board the ship :)

That was what I was thinking. It means that your luggage goes directly to the "Naughty Room" for a more detailed inspection, and you will be physically checked to make sure that you are not carrying RumRunners taped to your body.

We booked two cabins. So I have a star and my son has a star. Now he is 21, but I'll be shocked (shocked I say) if his wallet makes an appearance on the cruise. Boatingmom, any chance your daughter can help with his bar bill. One star person to another and all.

Following up, I called my PVP at Carnival. Turns out the red star includes the following perks: I can order as many entrees in the dining room as I want, I get unlimited soft serve ice cream, and if I combine my star with a FTTF excursion for the low price of 49.95 I can board early.

Wonder how the non-star people will get by?

Not to mention all the platinums who are going start ranting because their status has just been devalued. The scourge of the red star:eek:

On which of the web pages are y'all finding the red star? We're booked on the Glory at the end of November and I've looked everywhere on the pages I can access after I sign in and can't find a star anywhere. If it does indicate "The Star of the Show" I understand perfectly why I don't have one!

Thanks!!

On which of the web pages are y'all finding the red star? We're booked on the Glory at the end of November and I've looked everywhere on the pages I can access after I sign in and can't find a star anywhere. If it does indicate "The Star of the Show" I understand perfectly why I don't have one!

Thanks!!

On the Manage My Bookings page

Click on Cruise Details

On that page there are 4 tabs

Click on My Billing

It will be next to your name on the itemized charges line

But they don't just give them to everyone. I think...

I am always listed as the primary (with a red star) on our bookings. Hubby always makes the bookings and uses a credit card in his name to secure booking. I assume it is because I am older than him that I am always listed as the primary.:eek:

We have 3 rooms booked, in my room I have the red star, in my oldest sons room he has the red star (hes 25) and in the 3rd room we have my 15 year old son and our 32 year old niece (his cousin) and our 15 year old has the red star lol, maybe its because he is a past guest and she is not, either way he wont be responsible for the $$$ :D

We have 3 rooms booked, in my room I have the red star, in my oldest sons room he has the red star (hes 25) and in the 3rd room we have my 15 year old son and our 32 year old niece (his cousin) and our 15 year old has the red star lol, maybe its because he is a past guest and she is not, either way he wont be responsible for the $$$ :D

Or he just has that red star quality.