Question about Silhouette Sky Suites

AVphile

On the Silhouette there apparently are two different types of Sky Suites -- S1 and S2. I have read in various postings here about a pillar located very close to the bed, but only in some of the pictures of Sky Suites do I see that pillar. Is that the difference between the two categories?

Favorite cabin! Big balcony, extra large porthole for side view as well as floor to ceiling double door to balcony! We've had cabins on 4 different decks and the pole has never been an issue. Enjoy!

We have stayed in the aft Sky suite S1 with the pole and it was never a problem. Wonderful room with lovely big porthole with lots of light. The balcony is the best with two recliners and good sized table and views to die for!! Wouldn't stay in anything else now as we have been spoilt!

We've had a side S2 on Silhouette and an aft S1 on Reflection - we liked the S2 better. The pole in the S1 didn't make a difference to us (it was close to the wall and not in the way) but we found the veranda very narrow and it was difficult to place the chairs, footstools and table and it made it hard to move around. We decided it's the non-afts from now on!

We were on the Silhouette 2 weeks ago, and had the cabin with the pole. It was so spacious, and I slept on the side of the bed with the pole. I never had any issues. We were a family of 4 and space was nice to have. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
so glad to hear everyone say the poles in an S1 are no bother,

we are going on the Holiday New year's cruise on Silhouette and booked an S1, I am really looking forward to the extra space and additional window,

thanks for all the feedback, this is why I love to browse around cruise critic :)[/QUOT

We also loved the bathroom and the beautiful aft view. Our butler Dominic was the best butler we ever had!