Price Adjustment on RCI Quantum

Hello Everyone

I figure i come here and hear everyones thoughts

We booked 2 Cabins in Aug for Quantum leaving Dec 12, Directly thorugh Royal's Website, we got 2 Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony side by side, A friend just booked the same cabin and was $230 cheaper Per Suite on the Royal website , so we lost out on $460 total for not waiting.

I called Royal and they said since i made final payment they cant change anything, all they can do is upgrade our suite which turns out, its the EXACT same suite just on other part of the ship, we are just at midship and are happy with that location

and this is only my 2nd cruise (Royal Carrib) with them so i dont have any pull on that end

What else can i do??

Edited by Mybooksports

This has been their policy for a very very very long time. It is also the policy of other cruise lines, and many other businesses.

It sounds like you already have the accommodations that you wish. Had you waited, you probably could not have gotten the same suite.

Stop stewing and start looking forward to your amazing upcoming cruise on a brand new ship.

We booked a D1 balcony cabin for the Quantum Dec 1st cruise for $1899 per person. I just checked and the D1 cabins are going for $3144 per person... :eek: There are 6 D1 cabins left at that price....

As it always is, the price goes up and down depending on supply and demand.

I was in a similar situation before my last cruise, but had booked through a travel agent who credited me for half the amount of the fare drop.

Like previous posters said, the fares change all the, just like the airlines, so best to just enjoy the trip. [emoji4]

Hello Everyone

I figure i come here and hear everyones thoughts

We booked 2 Cabins in Aug for Quantum leaving Dec 12, Directly thorugh Royal's Website, we got 2 Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony side by side, A friend just booked the same cabin and was $230 cheaper Per Suite on the Royal website , so we lost out on $460 total for not waiting.

I called Royal and they said since i made final payment they cant change anything, all they can do is upgrade our suite which turns out, its the EXACT same suite just on other part of the ship, we are just at midship and are happy with that location

and this is only my 2nd cruise (Royal Carrib) with them so i dont have any pull on that end

What else can i do??

Most likely nothing!:mad:

On RCL, you buy for the price you're willing to pay, and accept it!

Only Carnival has a 'low price guarantee'!

After your final payment, Carnival will give you the difference in on board credit!

We agree, its time RCL treats its cruisers at least as well as others with a 'low price guarantee'!:eek:

Don't matter how many cruises you have taken. ..No pull after final payment. My cruise once dropped $1000 (for 2 cabins) 3 days after I booked and of course after final payment and no luck either. Enjoy the cruise... your friends can buy you a drink!

They used to be more accommodating, but they ran weekly sales on last minute voyages that were not eligible for price drops. That made people mad who probably would not have otherwise checked (ie, I generally can't get a cheaper airfare without enormous change fees so I don't look after I book). Now there are no price matches after final payment except under very specific circumstances ... It's not as passenger friendly, but it's easier to understand.

Along similar lines we had booked an ocean view room many months ago for the 3 day sampler. I noted last week that they had obstructed view balcony rooms at a lower price than we paid. I asked our travel agent if she could see about a room change at the lower price. We did not get the lower price but we did get a free upgraded to a regular balcony state room. :D

Most likely nothing!:mad:

On RCL, you buy for the price you're willing to pay, and accept it!

Only Carnival has a 'low price guarantee'!

After your final payment, Carnival will give you the difference in on board credit!

We agree, its time RCL treats its cruisers at least as well as others with a 'low price guarantee'!:eek:

Yes Carnival does have this OPTION, however it also comes with a non refundable deposit so not something everyone wants.

To the OP, as you can see unfortunately this is the way most cruises operate (even Carnival if you book a regular fare). They used to allow a price change up until a few days prior to sailing but have changed that policy a while back.

You have two choices, book early for a price you are happy with and get the cabin(s) you want, or wait and keep your fingers crossed that the price will go down before sailing and take whatever cabins are left. We normally sail as a family so need more than one cabin. In our situation that is more important so we book early and watch for price drops up until final payment then don't look anymore.

Put it behind you, don't look any more, and go enjoy your cruise!!