Does sparkling cider or grape juice count as wine?

Perez1992

I am wondering if the sparkling juices that come in the champagne bottles could be counted as a non alcoholic wine and be allowed to be brought on board instead of wine does anyone know?

As many as you want, however be prepared to show them they are indeed, non-alcoholic.

Edited by Sillyjilly

As many as you want, however be prepared to show them they are indeed, non-alcoholic.

Im not sure I understand your answer.

if they decide to count it as alcoholic , then its 1 per person only

if they decide to count it as non-alcoholic , its prohibited since its a bottle.

you will not be able to take in onboard if its non-alcoholic.

I am wondering if the sparkling juices that come in the champagne bottles could be counted as a non alcoholic wine and be allowed to be brought on board instead of wine does anyone know?

Yes they do count as wine. I contacted CCL about this exact topic since I do not drink but wanted some sparkling juice for sail away. Yes you are allowed your "allotted" amount.

Yes they do count as wine. I contacted CCL about this exact topic since I do not drink but wanted some sparkling juice for sail away. Yes you are allowed your "allotted" amount.

May I ask PattBenatar, when you made your inquiry? Was it after the latest rule change in July? What you have posted makes sense. Why shouldn't I be allowed to take a non alcoholic sparkling juice in place of wine. BUT we all know that what make sense isn't always how Carnival enforce their rules.

May I ask PattBenatar, when you made your inquiry? Was it after the latest rule change in July? What you have posted makes sense. Why shouldn't I be allowed to take a non alcoholic sparkling juice in place of wine. BUT we all know that what make sense isn't always how Carnival enforce their rules.

In September, I brought a bottle for myself and they had no issues with it. They did inspect it carefully. But that was expected.

I heard we couldn't bring bottles onboard anymore. If its not wine and in a bottle I would assume they would prohibit it. Give em a call to be safe though.

I would think if it looked like wine and/or champagne they wouldn't know the difference.

I believe that sparkling juices, such as cider or grape juice, that are not alcoholic are labeled as "Non-alcoholic". So, since Carnival no longer allows bottles, except wine, don't get upset if a screener sees the label and says "Sorry. This is not allowed." Since canned beverages are allowed, play it safe and look for canned sparkling juices.