Transfer Questions

danny8826

All things being equal, I would fly into Long Beach. It's a smaller airport and closer to the Carnival terminal. Of course, price and schedule will be factors, so you will have to compare both options and see what works best for your situation. You don't even have to use the same airport on both ends of your trip. For our recent cruise, we flew into LGB pre-cruise, but left out of LAX on the return since there wasn't a convenient flight time out of LGB that day.

For transfer from LGB airport to the Long Beach cruise terminal, Prime Time Shuttle offers shared van service for $16.00 pp, or you can take a taxi for about $35.00.

From LAX, you have Prime Time for $16 pp, SuperShuttle for $17 pp. A taxi will run about $70-80. There are also various private car services available.

Advantage of LAX is lots of choice for flights. Long Beach is a much smaller airport so it's easier to get in and out of the airport but the downside is limited flights. And if the time of your flight is changed and you don't like the flight then that can be a problem if there are no other alternatives.

Again, LAX is a very large airport and Long Beach is on the smaller side.

For me, I prefer LAX in spite of the crowds because of the large number of flight options and once at LAX if I will be there for a few hours on for my return flight there is much more to do there while we wait.

Keith

All things being equal, I would fly into Long Beach. It's a smaller airport and closer to the Carnival terminal. Of course, price and schedule will be factors, so you will have to compare both options and see what works best for your situation. You don't even have to use the same airport on both ends of your trip. For our recent cruise, we flew into LGB pre-cruise, but left out of LAX on the return since there wasn't a convenient flight time out of LGB that day.

For transfer from LGB airport to the Long Beach cruise terminal, Prime Time Shuttle offers shared van service for $16.00 pp, or you can take a taxi for about $35.00.

From LAX, you have Prime Time for $16 pp, SuperShuttle for $17 pp. A taxi will run about $70-80. There are also various private car services available.

When you book with SuperShuttle, there's many coupon on retailmenot.com website where you can get the promo code from so the price turn out to be cheaper. It's $15.30 p/p.

I just book it.

When you book with SuperShuttle, there's many coupon on retailmenot.com website where you can get the promo code from so the price turn out to be cheaper. It's $15.30 p/p.

I just book it.

Hmm, $31 for a shuttle compared to $35 for a Taxi.:confused: Sounds like a no brainier to me, I would take the Taxi.:)