Best beach for late port arrival?

TeresaJ

We are in port from 1pm-11pm. Any suggestions for a beach we can taxi too? Reasonably close, only because we'll only have a few hours in the afternoon. Not looking for luxury amenities. TIA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

We are in port from 1pm-11pm. Any suggestions for a beach we can taxi too? Reasonably close, only because we'll only have a few hours in the afternoon. Not looking for luxury amenities. TIA

That late, probably your best bet is the man made Seaquarium Beach.

It is relatively close, and there are amenities, if not the beauty of the more natural West side beaches.

All cabbies and many of your fellow cruisers know where it is.

• 1 month later...

Take a cab to Pirate bay. 10 min ride $4 per person. They have a bar/restaurant and chairs.

Edited by ODECCIT

• 4 weeks later...

We will also be arriving late ..... 2:00 . Really want to go to the beach. Considered Seaquarium but $40 car

is pricey for such a brief time.

Looking for suggestions for a close beach with amenities that is nice....cheap cab or walking distance.

Someone mentioned Pirate Bay .... is that a nice spot ?

Edited by pcruze

We will also be arriving late ..... 2:00 . Really want to go to the beach. Considered Seaquarium but $40 car

is pricey for such a brief time.

Looking for suggestions for a close beach with amenities that is nice....cheap cab or walking distance.

Someone mentioned Pirate Bay .... is that a nice spot ?

You will not find any beaches within walking distance and no nice beaches that are close by.

Pirate Bay is a nice spot to have dinner, but the beach is not nice (LOTS of pebble stone and no clear water).

The closest that are nice with amenities (without paying hotel day passes) are Seaquarium and Blue Bay. Maybe you can find others on your roll call to share the $20 per trip with.

• 3 weeks later...

We took a taxi right near the dock to Sea Aquarium Beach. The cost was $5/person. The going rate seems to be $20/carload and we had 4 people in our van and only paid $5/person. It is a very short ride to Sea Aquarium Beach near the BLVD Shops. There are lots of shops and restaurants in this 2 story complex and great seating. We walked down the stairs to access the beach (there are restrooms available) and an elevator if stairs are challenging for you. There is a pool, lounging area, and bar. If you want to sit on the beach and rent a lounger, they charge a beach access fee of $3.50/person and $3/lounger. We had no problem finding a couple of loungers under a beautiful palm tree. The water is very calm in the lagoon because of the rock breakwater. My grandson swam out to the rocks and climbed up for a spectacular view.

We loved this beach and would go again next time we are in Curacao. Doing this on your own saves a lot of money. Carnival had a excursion on a boat to this beach which would have cost $70 for two people. Going on our own cost us maybe $40 (we shared a drink from the bar) and we were able to leave when we wanted to. We only stayed for a couple of hours and made our way back to the ship to shower and change.

We wanted to spend time at the RIF Fort and watch the pontoon bridge's changing color display at night. It was beautiful. The shops and restaurants in the fort stay open late.