Tours from Benoa Bali

Trend

We used a wonderful gentleman named Komang Wardiapa. He met us at the pier at Benoa and we were together from 3:00-8:00. He has a new Toyota van and a driver. We told him what we were interested in seeing, and it was a delightful day.

There were three of us in the van. He lives in the northern part of the island but is very reliable and knows the area. His English is very good, and we did a lot of laughing. He's very positive and I can't recommend him enough!

He took us to a lovely restaurant on the beach where we had a great dinner (it was meant to be on the beach, but it rained!). We made a reservation at a hotel for that evening as we didn't want to deal with tendering in and out (we were on Celebrity) and he dropped us off at there.

He charged $50 per person. His contact information is here:

Komang Wardiapa <komang@bali-go-round.com>

Have a lovely time in Bali!

Susan

Last year we used Wayan Lia. He was booked already by another passenger, but sent one of his fellow drivers. Before we arrived we informed him what we wanted to see and asked him to make a nice schedule of this.

We were also 2 days in Bali and have seen a lot, nothing double and many highlights but also many places were only a few or non tourists were.

You can reach him at: wayan_lia@yahoo.com

We shared the car with 2 more fellow passengers. For the car (not per passenger) and 10 hours we paid around E. 75.- (depending exchange rate about US$ 90,-). This excl. entrance fees (low), lunch (also cheap) and tip to the driver. I have given his e-mail also to others and all of them were very happy with Wayan Lia.

I would think that any several you get here would be very good, just be aware of what happens as you try to find your driver. You will be hounded by other drivers to go with them, some will even tell you that your drive is sick & skied them to take you.

When we made this stop this fall, pior to the cruise, I email our driver, asked for a picture of himself & I sent one to him of our group of 3.

Sadly, I was sick, I took my friends onshore to meet our driver, & went back to the ship, they loved the stop. Enjoy

I would think that any several you get here would be very good, just be aware of what happens as you try to find your driver. You will be hounded by other drivers to go with them, some will even tell you that your drive is sick & skied them to take you.

When we made this stop this fall, pior to the cruise, I email our driver, asked for a picture of himself & I sent one to him of our group of 3.

Sadly, I was sick, I took my friends onshore to meet our driver, & went back to the ship, they loved the stop. Enjoy

Our driver had a large sign with our name on it, as they did in all other ports. No problem finding him.

We booked a driver (Tony) from Drivers of distinction prior to our cruise in January this year and he was wonderful. There are many recommendations on cruise critic and tripadvisor. We paid $65 for 6 of us for the day in a large airconditioned van, and we went to Ubud, the rice terraces, coffee plantation, Sanur, and artist areas. He picked us up at 8am at the port and dropped us back by 4.30pm.

Most people we spoke to on our cruise had booked drivers or found a driver at the port (there are many) and paid around $60 -70 for the day.

Any driver who charges $50 per person in Bali is definitely taking advantage.

We have used Dean from Drivers with distinction before and he is wonderful. He speaks very good english and will tailor a tour to your liking. His other drivers are very good also and get good ratings on trip advisor. They are a little more than some of the other drivers but they are pretty professional. If you use Google you will find them.

Edited by silverwillow

We have used Dean from Drivers with distinction before and he is wonderful. He speaks very good english and will tailor a tour to your liking. His other drivers are very good also and get good ratings on trip advisor. They are a little more than some of the other drivers but they are pretty professional. If you use Google you will find them.

We have just returned from a SE Asia cruise which included an overnight stay in Bali. We used Fredy of Drivers with Distinction on both days . He was brilliant--nothing was too much trouble for him & he showed us the more out of the way places. He will tailor his tour to meet your needs. We also met Dean who does the same -- you cant go wrong with this team of drivers.

Hi,

I din't know how old you are but a group of us did the Halo Bike Tour (they are on trip advisor) our age range was 50-60. Yoga (the owner) picks you up at the dock takes you to the volcano, coffee plantation then you pick up your bikes and its all down hill literally, its so easy and you see lovely parts of Bali. We did this on our 2nd day you then end up at his house, meet all his family and have a lovey lunch prepared by his wife, all this for $30 bargain.:)

My husband ha da sudden hip replacement last year and he is back to working out everyday but would not want a fall so far from home.

Thanks for the idea.

Anyone do a tour from the northern port of Celukan Bawang?

I second the recommendation for the Halo Bike Tour - we did it with a group of about 12 from our Roll Call and it was easily the best day of our 14 night cruise :)

We used a driver from Amertha Dana (his name was Komang) for a full day private driving tour. Our driver was AMAZING. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone. We did a customized tour and stopped at Moziac for a really delicious dinner. Our driver waited for us to finish eating and drove us back to the port.

We booked a driver (Tony) from Drivers of distinction prior to our cruise in January this year and he was wonderful. There are many recommendations on cruise critic and tripadvisor. We paid $65 for 6 of us for the day in a large airconditioned van, and we went to Ubud, the rice terraces, coffee plantation, Sanur, and artist areas. He picked us up at 8am at the port and dropped us back by 4.30pm.

Most people we spoke to on our cruise had booked drivers or found a driver at the port (there are many) and paid around $60 -70 for the day.

Any driver who charges $50 per person in Bali is definitely taking advantage.

We second "Drivers with Distiction". We had a private tour with Dean and it was incredible.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app