Food, Food, and More Food

christinelee

In less than 3 weeks (May 3rd), My mom and I will be on the Golden Princess sailing to Alaska. When I return I will have plenty of food photos to post here. I am not sure the best way to photograph the menus, but I will try. I know they will probably not change anyway from what we see on here.

Have a Happy Easter all. :D

In less than 3 weeks (May 3rd), My mom and I will be on the Golden Princess sailing to Alaska. When I return I will have plenty of food photos to post here. I am not sure the best way to photograph the menus, but I will try. I know they will probably not change anyway from what we see on here.

For pictures of the menus, I used my iPhone. You can see them here starting on Post #7:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1994319

They are usually displayed outside of the Lido buffet where the lighting may be better, so you won't have to use a flash. If you post pictures, make sure they are of a size around 600x800 (and not a Cruise Critic image attachment) so that people can read them. Nothing worse than having patters or menus posted here that are thumbnail size and impossible to read. ;) One key point of advice if using a phone camera is to tap the screen prior to taking the picture to make sure it is in the best focus, steady your hand, and slowly and gently tap the shutter. This will keep the phone/camera from any shaking or vibration blurs.

Have fun and I look forward to your pictures!

:D

For pictures of the menus, I used my iPhone. You can see them here starting on Post #7:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1994319

They are usually displayed outside of the Lido buffet where the lighting may be better, so you won't have to use a flash. If you post pictures, make sure they are of a size around 600x800 (and not a Cruise Critic image attachment) so that people can read them. Nothing worse than having patters or menus posted here that are thumbnail size and impossible to read. ;) One key point of advice if using a phone camera is to tap the screen prior to taking the picture to make sure it is in the best focus, steady your hand, and slowly and gently tap the shutter. This will keep the phone/camera from any shaking or vibration blurs.

Have fun and I look forward to your pictures!

Thank you Dmwnc1959, I appreciate that advice. I will need help with posting photos for sure. The last review I did, my photos were thumbnail. I want to make sure they are full size this time. I will be using a camera. (not a big fancy one but the digital camera I have).

Thank you Dmwnc1959, I appreciate that advice. I will need help with posting photos for sure. The last review I did, my photos were thumbnail. I want to make sure they are full size this time. I will be using a camera. (not a big fancy one but the digital camera I have).

Use a photo sharing service like Flickr. They offer up to 1TB of free storage albeit they have ads peppered through some of your pages.

Downloading and posting images to Cruise Critic is very easy.

Thanks Dave for all the great information.

Are there any must have "secret foods" on the Royal Princess or any Princess ship? Things they make that you really should try but the are not on the menus?

Someone mentioned a dessert that is on the kid menu.

I guess this would be similar to In and Out Burgers animal style or the 3x3 or 4x4.

I figured that all you wonderful cruisers who have been doing this a long time might know or have some very good recommendations.

TThank you very much for your help.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Forums mobile app

I'm on the same cruise with my dad. 😀

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone who loves this thread. I wanted to share the photos I took on my Princess cruise back in May. The information that Christinelee provided here was so helpful to me before I sailed. I appreciate it very much. Thank you again.

http://s105.photobucket.com/user/plattwear/library/DONNA-PC/2014%20Cruise%20To%20Alaska/Princess%20Food%20photos?sort=3&page=1

Edited by plattwear