Harmony Specialty Dining Reservations

Hi all! We leave on the Harmony this Saturday (woohoo!!!) and have purchased the 5 nt specialty dining package. Once on board can we go to any specialty restaurant to set up our reservations for the week? And can anyone who has sailed the Harmony and had this 5 nt package comment on whether they had any issues booking the restaurants they wanted? I am a big planner so this is different for me not being able to actually know that I will get the ones I want. Thanks in advance!! :D:)

Once on board you can go to a specialty restaurant and make as many as you want. You should be able to pick the time and place. They will get filled up eventually but on first day that all will have some availability. The Izumi isn't on the package but Chops, Jamie's, 150, Wonderland but eventually you will have to go back to one of those. Wonderland has a very inventive menu. Chops is steak. Jamies is a different Italian restaurant. 150 has a great ribeye. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. I would go as soon as you board and book all the restaurants at once. They should be able to do that from any restaurant. But the restaurants will book up very quickly - especially the most desirable times.

We just got off Harmony, and highly recommend 150 Central Park and Wonderland!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks all! I plan to go to one of the venues near Central Park to set up our reservations as soon as we step foot on the ship, my hubby already knows that is mission number one lol! We plan to go to Chops, Wonderland, Jamie's, 150 Central Park, and Sabor so no repeating needed since we just have the 5 :) Thanks again, I appreciate the responses :)

I have the same concerns about reservations with our 5 night package for our cruise this winter. Recent Harmony cruisers have said that specialty dining has filled up on the first day. I'm amazed since we've never had any problems making reservations, even mid-cruise, and have never seen a full specialty restaurant. Maybe it will revert to the past normal with future cruises, but who knows.

A recent cruiser on Harmony suggested using the Royal IQ app as soon as you get on the ship (either on your phone or at one of the kiosks in the Royal Promenade). I don't know if that would be any faster than going to one of the restaurants, but I think it might be. Just thought I would pass it on.

If you remember, perhaps you can post how it went and whether you were able to get the reservations you wanted.

Good luck!

I have the same concerns about reservations with our 5 night package for our cruise this winter. Recent Harmony cruisers have said that specialty dining has filled up on the first day. I'm amazed since we've never had any problems making reservations' date=' even mid-cruise, and have never seen a full specialty restaurant. Maybe it will revert to the past normal with future cruises, but who knows.

A recent cruiser on Harmony suggested using the Royal IQ app as soon as you get on the ship (either on your phone or at one of the kiosks in the Royal Promenade). I don't know if that would be any faster than going to one of the restaurants, but I think it might be. Just thought I would pass it on.

If you remember, perhaps you can post how it went and whether you were able to get the reservations you wanted.

Good luck![/quote']

Thanks I saw the same info about the app just not 100% sure how that would work exactly with the pre purchased packages.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wonderland.....worst meal I've ever had on a cruise. Aside from the "hairy shredded wheat shrimp", that dining experience will go down in my book as heinous. The restaurant itself is lovely and the overall experience, presentation, and service was excellent. That's where the positive ends.

I was a little worried when the server told me he was going to pick our menu but wanted to go with the flow. First course was one very weird deviled egg. Again the hairy shrimp was very good. The cone filled with crab and avocado paste was simply weird and not pleasing to the palate. The pork belly was a big glob of fat in your mouth. There was also some type of beef that tasted like pot roast which was also very fatty. There was a fish that was so hard it was like eating cardboard. None of us enjoyed any of it and asked for additional food. That included more shrimp and a tuna tartare that was almost like ice. Desert was slightly better but if they try to bring you the gelatinous apple, just skip it.

We all ended up at Sorrento's an hour later for cardboard pizza because that tasted better than Wonderland.

Sad to hear that your (happygo) Wonderland experience was terrible! However, since I have read more positive reviews, we still plan to celebrate our 34th anniversary there with our adult children and friends next October! I plan to make reservations on-line to insure that we get to eat there on our anniversary. Not sure if we will try any other specialty venues but will wait to see if any "specials" are offered once we board the ship!:rolleyes: So excited to have our family together again for this, as our son lives in California, and it has been awhile since we've taken a "family" vacay!!;) Even if the food isn't outstanding, we'll still have a great cruise together!:cool: