Where to stay night before cruise?

MAtravelbug

I'm sure this has been asked before, but can you suggest moderately priced hotels near liberty cruise port in bayonne, new jersey? before we book one, i'd love to hear suggestions. we are driving down to new jersey from boston.

MAtravelbug

The port is only about 10 minutes from Newark Airport. Lots of hotels around the airport area have stay and cruise packages that include parking and shuttle service so check them out as well as checking out the East Coast board.

Before our Summit cruise to Bermuda last month we flew in the day before and stayed at the newer Embassy Suites in Elizabeth, NJ which is close to the airport. It was very nice, in a nice area and is also close to a mall and restaurants. The Comfort Inn is right across the street and that also gets very good reviews.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but can you suggest moderately priced hotels near liberty cruise port in bayonne, new jersey? before we book one, i'd love to hear suggestions. we are driving down to new jersey from boston.

MAtravelbug

Aloha :D

Read this thread extensively. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2163707 138east (Carol) has a lot of good answers to the questions you will have. Carol lives in the Boston area.

The Embassy Suites Newark Airport now offers a park n cruise package that includes a shuttle...I toured the hotel, it's new and lovely.....and a friendly staff as well...

HERE is a link to the info

Hi Meg,:) is this a new hotel? Located in the same Cul de Sac as

Country Inn, Residence Inn and Courtyard?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Meg and/or Carol......I forgot I never followed up on this.....could

one of you answer my question? (please:D)...is this ES new? And is

is it in the same Cul De Sac as the Country Inn and Suites?

Hi Meg and/or Carol......I forgot I never followed up on this.....could

one of you answer my question? (please:D)...is this ES new? And is

is it in the same Cul De Sac as the Country Inn and Suites?

The answer is yes and yes. ES is the newest hotel at the airport.

Thanks:)....is it closer to the Country Inn? Or even further in...near

the Courtyard and Residence Inn?

Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport, 95 Glimcher Realty Way, is apparently very new and hasn't worked out all of the new hotel bugs (some hotels never do & wind up closing), especially staff training. According to TripAdvisor reviews, you either love the place or hate it and will never return or recommend it. I don't know that I would recommend it until they get the bugs worked out. I'd hate to be "John M, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport". If I had problems like some of the people, I think I'd demand to see John M. or write to Hilton.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g46414-d5895723-Reviews-or20-Embassy_Suites_by_Hilton_Newark_Airport-Elizabeth_New_Jersey.html#REVIEWS

Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport, 95 Glimcher Realty Way, is apparently very new and hasn't worked out all of the new hotel bugs (some hotels never do & wind up closing), especially staff training. According to TripAdvisor reviews, you either love the place or hate it and will never return or recommend it. I don't know that I would recommend it until they get the bugs worked out. I'd hate to be "John M, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport". If I had problems like some of the people, I think I'd demand to see John M. or write to Hilton.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g46414-d5895723-Reviews-or20-Embassy_Suites_by_Hilton_Newark_Airport-Elizabeth_New_Jersey.html#REVIEWS

WOW:eek:....I read some of those reviews..can't ever recall an ES

with such horrible reviews before:eek:

WOW:eek:....I read some of those reviews..can't ever recall an ES with such horrible reviews before:eek:

Aloha Lois R :D

I know, that's why I posted the TripAdvisor review list. And if you look at the reviews, they have been open for over a year, and it looks like they may have replaced some managers. I think I actually called this hotel when I started looking for someplace to stay and got confused because of the changing answers when I made calls on subsequent days. One of the main reasons we're NOT using this hotel.

If they are going to offer transportation to the cruise port, they better contract with a reputable company for cruise days and be clear with what they actually provide.

Maybe they should shut down this hotel and start all over. Or get the names of the poor performing staff and replace them!