Transportation options from Cape Liberty to Laguardia

LeDemonBlond

Been looking in the forums on what transportation options there are for getting to LaGuardia from Cape Liberty. I haven't found anything definitive or maybe its out of date a bit.

Have a 1:30 pm flight so its reasonable to make. This is for Saturday (Sept. 5) coming off RCCL Liberty of the seas. There is 4 of us and we will have at least 3 pieces of large luggage. Prefer at least a mini-van or bus, not a limo.

Checked with RCCL and they don't offer transportation service to LaGuardia, just EWR. They apparently did at one point.

There is blog by Meg and she noted the fares for transportation for the Cape Liberty Cruise Port. There is service to LGA but it seems you can't book in advance. You show up and I assume are assigned to the next available vehicle. Have others used this service and is it fast/reliable? Is the Shuttle a large Bus that is used?:confused:

What have people done in our situation? Who have you gone through and how much have you paid?

Thank You

Been looking in the forums on what transportation options there are for getting to LaGuardia from Cape Liberty. I haven't found anything definitive or maybe its out of date a bit.

Have a 1:30 pm flight so its reasonable to make. This is for Saturday (Sept. 5) coming off RCCL Liberty of the seas. There is 4 of us and we will have at least 3 pieces of large luggage. Prefer at least a mini-van or bus, not a limo.

Checked with RCCL and they don't offer transportation service to LaGuardia, just EWR. They apparently did at one point.

There is blog by Meg and she noted the fares for transportation for the Cape Liberty Cruise Port. There is service to LGA but it seems you can't book in advance. You show up and I assume are assigned to the next available vehicle. Have others used this service and is it fast/reliable? Is the Shuttle a large Bus that is used?:confused:

What have people done in our situation? Who have you gone through and how much have you paid?

Thank You

I was just at Cape Liberty yesterday. There were no prices posted at the taxi dispatcher and I didn't have time to ask.

I think you should start by getting quotes from Dial7 and Carmellimo so you have a reference point. These are car services that offer a variety of "cars" depending on the number of people and pieces of luggage. Chances are you're not going to get picked up by a black stretch limo.

With 4 people and luggage trying to make a 1:30 flight, I think I'd want to have a definite plan and not just walk off the ship and hope there is a vehicle that can take you to LGA.

The larger limo companies can take advantage of an LGA trip by scheduling a LGA booking after your trip, but the random livery car at Cape Liberty may not be able to do that. These economic differences may be reflected in the prices.

Would of liked to fly out of EWR on departure day but the cheapest option ( about $500) for all of us was to fly from LaGuardia.

I agree fully that I should have something in place as far as transportation to LaGuardia instead of getting off the ship and seeing what is available.

I did call dial 7 and was quoted $120 + tolls + tip.

Most likely I will go with them as I have used them before but I was hoping that either RCCL or the cruise port offered bus service(that I could book) to LaGuardia.

Thanks for replying.

Just FYI, there's a substantial difference with Dial7's quoted prices online, from Cape Liberty - Bayonne, NJ to LGA in NY (tolls varied based on routing) but lowest rate for a typical Sunday is $72 for a full size sedan, $77 for a luxury sedan and $86 for a deluxe sedan or minivan that fit up to 5 or 6 plus luggage. We've been happily using them for years - generally tipping 20% and rounding up to the nearest dollar, cash & credit card payment equally welcomed.

There's an online coupon that will deduct $3 to $5 off the fare - they have a free mobile APP on iOS and Android devices, with a moving screen to track & update the status of your GPS-equipped vehicle & driver, etc. as it is coming in for the pickup. With a registered email address/mobile # on file, driver or base dispatcher will call you en route & a computerized online receipt will be issued at the end of the trip. We're in one of the leather-seated minivan equipped with "free" mobile WiFi hotspot for customer use, driver told us he has had oversea customers riding to the airport using the cellular data to do online check-in and FB family while en route to their flights home.

Always do price check & comparison, both Carmel & Dial7 are fine & recommended by frequent flyers - both have large fleet of vehicles in the hundreds with their own "staging" base & garage with refueling stations near the airports & key locations.