My back to back review of Silhouette

Patrick IL.

Below is my review, I'd be happy to answer any other questions I might of missed.

We were fortunate enough to do both the western Caribbean and the eastern Caribbean on Silhouette. We have now been on 16 cruises, 15 on Celebrity. Silhouette is stunning, a beautiful ship. We arrived around 11, we are both Elite and were cruising aqua class so they shot us right up to a private area where we waited a bit with some other folks. We were onboard by 11:20. Had our glass of sparkling wine and up to the pool deck. We tend to avoid the buffet on embarkation day, it can be a mad house. We got some drinks and had hamburgers at the mast grill, wonderful. My wife found out they had veggie burgers and had a couple of them next two weeks. Around 1:30 they announced the rooms were ready, we went to our cabin. We were in 1633, great location, close to the aft elevators. We chose it as there are passenger cabins above and below, not the pool deck, it was very quiet.

Most nights we ate in Blu, our service team was fantastic, as was the food. We ventured out and ate at Tuscan grill 2 times over the 14 nights, Fantastic! We also tried the lawn club grill, with a 20% discount. It was excellent. It was very windy that night, we had to go down and get our jackets. We also tried the porch, they have some work to do with the soups, but sandwich was great. Had one nice lunch at bistro on 5, always good.

The ports were fine, we have been to all of them. I will not get off the ship in any port in Jamaica, done that twice and would rather stay on the ship. We had rough weather in Labadie and the captain could not dock so we had another sea day. We have been to all the islands before, we may get off for a bit but really enjoy the ship.

On back to back day, there was about a 150 of us. We had a meeting, with more sparkling wine, the night before, they told us were and when to meet. We walked down the gangway, customs was there, turned around back on the ship. It could not have taken 10 mins. The ship had a nice lunch, with sparkling wine, for us in the main dining room, while other new passengers boarded and rushed the buffet. A very nice move, much appreciated.

We found drink service to be excellent, lots of servers moving around. We upgraded to the premium package. My one complaint was I look forward all year to my Celebrity 20th anniversary martini. First night we go to the martini bar and they tell me they don't make it there anymore? What? They direct us to the molecular bar where they do make it. We frequented the molecular bar and my wife tried several of their drinks, I stuck with my martini. The molecular bar is very nice, great bartenders, but we missed the energy of the martini bar.

I felt there were plenty of activities going on, we participated in the drop the egg from deck 7 to the grand foyer contest. You build a contraption to keep the egg from breaking, we came in second. Great musicians on the ship, we went and saw a couple of them perform with the orchestra, very nice. I'm not much for the broadway shows, although they did a very cool "Mask" show in the grand foyer, don't miss that. Richard Spacy was probably the best cruise director we ever had.

We were so pleased we booked and 11 night next year on Equinox, great perks, drinks, tips and $600 OBC.

We had a blast :)

Edited by Patrick IL.

Incredible staff, our housekeepers were flawless. 2 things I forgot. Now each night if you want the canapies they leave you a form to fill out the night before. We always opted for cheese and crackers. If you don't fill it out you don't get the snacks that night, this was new.

One day we were lazy and took a 3 hour nap. When we woke up we did not feel like getting all dressed up for dinner, so we went to the ocean view. I was very impressed the selection and service, it was formal night so the place was empty. More waiters and wine servers than passengers.

Now each night if you want the canapies they leave you a form to fill out the night before. We always opted for cheese and crackers. If you don't fill it out you don't get the snacks that night, this was new.

Interesting. I think I like this approach so we can specify each night. Although we will probably opt for cheese and crackers most nights as well.

Incredible staff, our housekeepers were flawless. 2 things I forgot. Now each night if you want the canapies they leave you a form to fill out the night before. We always opted for cheese and crackers. If you don't fill it out you don't get the snacks that night, this was new.

One day we were lazy and took a 3 hour nap. When we woke up we did not feel like getting all dressed up for dinner, so we went to the ocean view. I was very impressed the selection and service, it was formal night so the place was empty. More waiters and wine servers than passengers.

Did you like the wine selections available with the Premium selection? My wife also likes a dirty martini - what was the special one you hade made in Molecular?

Did you like the wine selections available with the Premium selection? My wife also likes a dirty martini - what was the special one you hade made in Molecular?

We were very pleased with the wine selections. My wife likes sauvignon blanc, she loved hers. I'm more of a red pinot noir, sometimes a cab sauvignon, I had Kendal Jackson most of the time. If I was having fish or chicken I would go with the sauvignon blanc or a chardonnay. Yes the signature 20th anniversary was hand made at Molecular. You need to hit molecular on off times, not right before a dinner seating or a show, it can get very busy in there and those specialty drinks take time to make. They only have two bartenders.

Hi Patrick.

Bob and Christine from Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA. Thinking of doing a Caribbean Cruise in the near future. Like the look of the Silhouette. Just wondering if you could fill us in with all the ports you visited during the Back to Back. We need a 14 day cruise at least as travelling such a long way from Australia to get there By the way, where does the ship embark from ?????.

Many thanks.

Bob.

Hi Bob and Christine, met some new friends from Perth a couple of cruises ago. We still email back and forth.

The ship always embarks from Ft. Lauderdale Florida.

Our first 7 nights were the Western

Day 1 Fort Lauderdale, Florida 4:30PM

Day 2 At Sea

Day 3 Cozumel, Mexico Docked 7:00AM 4:00PM

Day 4 George Town, Grand Cayman Tendered 10:00AM 6:00PM

Day 5 Falmouth, Jamaica Docked 8:00AM 5:00PM

Day 6 Labadee, Hispaniola Docked 10:00AM 5:00PM

Day 7 At Sea

Day 8 Fort Lauderdale, Florida 7:00AM

Our Next 7 nights were the Eastern

Day 1 Fort Lauderdale, Florida 4:30PM

Day 2 At Sea

Day 3 San Juan, Puerto Rico Docked 3:30PM 9:00PM

Day 4 Basseterre, St. Kitts Docked 10:00AM 6:00PM

Day 5 Philipsburg, St. Maarten Docked 8:00AM 5:00PM

Day 6 At Sea

Day 7 At Sea

Day 8 Fort Lauderdale, Florida 7:00AM

I highly suggest when you book you keep the same cabin both legs, then you don't have to pack up so the cabin attendant can move your things to another cabin.

The Eclipse also does a 14 night cruise we've done, it was wonderful.

Eclipse goes out of Miami Florida

Departure

Day 1 Miami, Florida 4:30PM

Day 2 At Sea

Day 3 At Sea

Day 4 Oranjestad, Aruba Docked 8:00AM 8:00PM

Day 5 Willemstad, Curacao Docked 7:00AM 5:00PM

Day 6 At Sea

Day 7 St. George's, Grenada Docked 8:00AM 5:00PM

Day 8 Bridgetown, Barbados Docked 8:00AM 5:00PM

Day 9 Castries, St. Lucia Docked 8:00AM 5:00PM

Day 10 St. John's, Antigua Docked 8:00AM 5:00PM

Day 11 Basseterre, St. Kitts Docked 8:00AM 5:00PM

Day 12 Philipsburg, St. Maarten Docked 8:00AM 5:00PM

Day 13 At Sea

Day 14 At Sea

Day 15 Miami, Florida

Edited by Patrick IL.

Below is my review, I'd be happy to answer any other questions I might of missed........

We had a blast :)

Hi Patrick,

thank you for your review and I am happy that you enjoyed your cruise.

I had and old 'Celebrity Passage ' that I purchased back in 2008 on one of the RCI's ships ..... and I just converted it to an actual booking for dec 2015 on the Silhouette.

I am familiar with the older Celebrity's ships but not the new ones and I know many things changed since our last Celebrity cruise ..... so I have some questios.

Where is the Captain's Club located ( we are Elite) ? when is it open ? does it have the coffee machine ( similar what the RCI D or D+ lounge got) ?

What restaurants and 'eating areas' are included in the basic fare and which ones are not ? We will not be in the Aqua class cabins.

Which of the additional fee restaurants would you recommend for one or maybe two nights ?

Which areas of the ship are reserved for guests from higher end cabins like suites ........ and which areas are open to everyone ?

Did you go to the Persian Gardens and how was it ?

I watched few review videos and it seems that Silhouette is a very beautiful ship.

Thank you

Edited by wieslaw

Hi Patrick.

Thank you so much for the info. Glad you enjoyed the company of the guys from Perth. We are from the Gold Coast, Queensland. Just looked at those two cruises and we think the 2nd one from Miami on the eclipse may be better for us. I also saw you can include Bonaire and we love snorkelling.

Thanks so much.

Cheers bob.

Hi Patrick,

thank you for your review and I am happy that you enjoyed your cruise.

I had and old 'Celebrity Passage ' that I purchased back in 2008 on one of the RCI's ships ..... and I just converted it to an actual booking for dec 2015 on the Silhouette.

I am familiar with the older Celebrity's ships but not the new ones and I know many things changed since our last Celebrity cruise ..... so I have some questios.

Where is the Captain's Club located ( we are Elite) ? when is it open ? does it have the coffee machine ( similar what the RCI D or D+ lounge got) ?

What restaurants and 'eating areas' are included in the basic fare and which ones are not ? We will not be in the Aqua class cabins.

Which of the additional fee restaurants would you recommend for one or maybe two nights ?

Which areas of the ship are reserved for guests from higher end cabins like suites ........ and which areas are open to everyone ?

Did you go to the Persian Gardens and how was it ?

I watched few review videos and it seems that Silhouette is a very beautiful ship.

Thank you

Hello, there are some differences between Royal and Celebrity. Celebrity does not have a dedicated Diamond lounge. What they do for elite and above is offer a captains club breakfast each morning in the Tuscan grill. We go almost every morning, chat with the CC hostess and servers. They offer many continental options, also coffees, expresso, juices and morning cocktails such as bloody Mary's and mimosas. In the evenings they have captain clubs cocktail hour from 5-7 in the sky lounge. They offer cocktails and snacks, dress code of smart casual. There is also a senior officer cocktail party and a high tea. Now if there are too many elites on board they will issue 3 drink coupons per elite to be used between 5-7 in various venues.

You can eat in the main dining room, sometimes 3 times a day. Ocean view cafe and the mast grill above the pool deck. There is always free treats at cafe baccio, specialty coffee shop.

My choices for specialty dining, always Tuscan grill, an Italian steakhouse. We've done Murano, quisine and the lawn club grill. I would recommend the lawn club grill 2nd.

Michaels club is for suites and zenith guests only, a private lounge. They also just opened a suites only dining room, they built it in a section of the main dining room.

We were very pleased with the wine selections. My wife likes sauvignon blanc, she loved hers. I'm more of a red pinot noir, sometimes a cab sauvignon, I had Kendal Jackson most of the time. If I was having fish or chicken I would go with the sauvignon blanc or a chardonnay. Yes the signature 20th anniversary was hand made at Molecular. You need to hit molecular on off times, not right before a dinner seating or a show, it can get very busy in there and those specialty drinks take time to make. They only have two bartenders.

I love the Sauvignon Blanc as well, especially the Clifford Bay they serve on Celebrity... Can't find it here in Canada, have to grab a few bottles every time we're in the USA :)

Thanks for the review as we're on the Silhouette at the end of the month....

Thanks for a great review sailing on the Silhouette b2b April 5th and 12th . I have been unable to get the same cabin but at least they are on the same floor and both port side . Hoping to get same cabin maybe upgrade to Aqua since I hear the food in Blu is very good .

We are booked on the July 3 cruise, and have cabin 1062. I wondered if anyone could tell me if this is a good location, or if we should try to move. I prefer that our cabin be in a quiet location, even if it means we are further from the elevators....thanks so much!