Adventure of the Seas 1238 connecting room

sft429

Booked 1238 on deck 10 of the AOTS and see that it is a connecting cabin with 1236. Is this going to cause any problems? I assume that the two cabins are connected by a door. Do you lose any wall storage space or anything because of the door?

There are quite a few cabins on deck 8 that would be suitable if 1238 has any problems that I haven't discovered yet.

Any insight would be appreciated,

Steve

Booked 1238 on deck 10 of the AOTS and see that it is a connecting cabin with 1236. Is this going to cause any problems? I assume that the two cabins are connected by a door. Do you lose any wall storage space or anything because of the door?

There are quite a few cabins on deck 8 that would be suitable if 1238 has any problems that I haven't discovered yet.

Any insight would be appreciated,

Steve

You might want to consider booking something on deck #8 especially if you can get a better location and with cabins above and below you. Look for something more mid-aft. Why take a chance on a connecting cabin if you have other options. Best of luck.

• 11 months later...

Well, we kept cabin 1238 and just got back from our cruise. The difference between this cabin and one without the connecting door is that ours had two chairs instead of a small couch between the bed and the bathroom. No big deal. However, if I was sitting in the chair right by the connecting door I could hear virtually everything said in the cabin next door almost like I was in the room with them. Luckily, they weren't loud at all and I don't believe we were but the potential for disaster was there lol.

Although it didn't negatively impact our cruise, I don't believe we'd take the chance again with 1238 unless we wanted the connecting room. I loved the location though.

Well, we kept cabin 1238 and just got back from our cruise. The difference between this cabin and one without the connecting door is that ours had two chairs instead of a small couch between the bed and the bathroom. No big deal. However, if I was sitting in the chair right by the connecting door I could hear virtually everything said in the cabin next door almost like I was in the room with them. Luckily, they weren't loud at all and I don't believe we were but the potential for disaster was there lol.

Although it didn't negatively impact our cruise, I don't believe we'd take the chance again with 1238 unless we wanted the connecting room. I loved the location though.

Lesson learned on connecting cabins = priceless ;)

Thanks so much for returning and giving us an update...many don't.