Flowers on Princess...

mrsromy

Hello Everyone,

This may seem like an odd question...but since we're staying in Seattle for 1 night before our Alaskan cruise, we were wondering if it is possible to bring flowers onto the ship that we've purchased at Pike Place?

Has anyone attempted or have seen anyone try?

Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

You can bring flowers onto the ship but you can't carry them off. I've bought flowers on the pier in Honolulu and brought them onboard, and HI is very strict about plants so Seattle shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by Pam in CA

Yes...thanks for jogging my memory.

Are you "stalking" me? How was your cruise? :)

Yes ;)

It was very good. Average age was 78. The three of us were the liveliest ones onboard.

Thanks so much for the information everyone! I will now be on the lookout for a flat, moldable vase at either Michaels or the Dollar Tree :) Can't wait to beautify our room with those gorgeous flowers from Pike!!

Or you can just ask your room steward and he'll bring you one.

Yes, your room steward will find one for you. I am one of those passengers that travel with everything but the kitchen sink. I try not to burden the room steward on the first day since he is already overworked. The flat vase is easy to pack and is very useful.

Thanks again to everyone who provided this helpful information! I struck out at our local Dollar Tree so I may have to just purchase from Amazon (and check out Michaels).

Last resort would be Cabin Steward because yes, I know how busy they can be and I wouldn't want to trouble him/her for vases for 4 different rooms.

• 4 weeks later...
Just got off the phone with Princess and I asked about flowers...and she said absolutely no fresh flowers can be brought on board.

Should I listen to her?

Sigh...she's wrong. You can bring flowers onboard, but cannot take them off the ship.

There may be one or two ports where this is true because of current ag issues, but for the most part I have never had a problem, and never at embarkation.

Sigh...she's wrong. You can bring flowers onboard, but cannot take them off the ship.

Thank you wonderful CC'ers! I should've known better than to trust the silly folks on the phone ;)

I'll bring them anyway...Seattle has some AMAZING flowers that are such a good deal...it wouldn't kill me if they did ask for me to leave them there. If anything, the flowers will add some color to the port ;) Thanks again!

No problem in bringing flowers onboard. Pikes Place is great but if it is just flowers you are after I would just go to the Costco (Store #1, 4401 4th Avenue South) that is not far from the pier. Parking is always a challenge at Pikes Place and when the cruise ships are in port, it can be a real Zoo! Get a couple off bottles of wine while you are at it:-)

49er