Small church a few blocks away from the main shopping area

lovevacadays

back in 1997 my mom and I went to a small church just a few blocks north of the shopping area in town It was such a lovely experience. The church had several open doorways. Anyone know the name of this church and perhaps the street it is on? I want to take my niece there. I'm not quite sure what block we walked up to get there. Worse case, we will just take a venture and see if we can find it. Being in that small church is one of my all time vacation memories. There were many areas where people had candles lit for their loved ones. There were pictures of people in little alcoves. It was just an amazing experience that I would love to have again with my niece.

back in 1997 my mom and I went to a small church just a few blocks north of the shopping area in town It was such a lovely experience. The church had several open doorways. Anyone know the name of this church and perhaps the street it is on? I want to take my niece there. I'm not quite sure what block we walked up to get there. Worse case, we will just take a venture and see if we can find it. Being in that small church is one of my all time vacation memories. There were many areas where people had candles lit for their loved ones. There were pictures of people in little alcoves. It was just an amazing experience that I would love to have again with my niece.

Was it Iglesia de San Miguel, off the square?

Google for photos.

Iglesia de San Miguel is the main catholic church downtown (and the reason for the town's name). I recall that a smaller church/building almost across the street. but I believe it is associated with Iglesia and with Corpus Christi a few blocks away (but not on the square).

2015Aug_Glory_Coz742.JPG

this one?

Yes! Thank you. Do you know which street we would take to get there? There were some very lovely pictures of those that belonged to this church, many candles lit in alcoves, etc. it touched my heart so very much so I am looking forward to sharing it with my niece.

Just googled it. I ink we can find it. Thank you everyone.

Yes! Thank you. Do you know which street we would take to get there? There were some very lovely pictures of those that belonged to this church, many candles lit in alcoves, etc. it touched my heart so very much so I am looking forward to sharing it with my niece.

Just googled it. I ink we can find it. Thank you everyone.

Taxi drivers should know how to get there. If you're walking from the plaza, just head up the street on the north side 1 block it'll be on your right.