Sydney tour of botanical gardens

cjpj

Help!! My husband will be arriving in Sydney at the Overseas port and would like to do a tour of the botanical gardens and then be taken to an hotel near the International airport. Any suggestions?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

The Botanic gardens are very close to the overseas passenger terminal - an easy walk (although they are large so could take quite some time to go through).

There is the Mercure hotel near the international airport, but there's not a lot else in that area if you didn't have a particular reason to stay there.

Thanks for all your suggestions. He will have luggage that adds a kink to it. I think his best option is to check in to his hotel near the airport and then take the train back into town.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

Is there a reason why the husband must stay at a hotel near the airport? Does he have an early flight the next day?

On a 2011 cruise we docked at the OPT in the morning. My husband and I took a taxi from the OPT to our hotel, the Sir Stamford at Circular Quay, where we left our luggage as the room wasn't ready (as we expected). The Sir Stamford is essentially across the street from the botanical gardens so we spent the day visiting the NSW Art Gallery and the gardens. Actually, we spent a week in Sydney following that cruise, and every day (with the exception of the day we went out to the Blue Mountains) we walked through the gardens. They are lovely.

Seems a waste of half a day going to the airport hotel just to drop off luggage. If he really must stay near the airport then I would suggest he takes his luggage to Sydney Central station by train from Circular Quay. There is a bag storage area just near platform 1 in the north western corner of the main hall of the station.

Then catch a train 2 stops back to St James station and walk via the domain to the botanic gardens.

When he is done he can return to Central, pick up bags and continue to the hotel by taxi which are just outside the entrance near the bag storage pace.