soda package question

RMac713

If I do NOT do the soda package (I drink unsweet tea) how easy is it to get my fill of tea on the Lido deck (I will be on the Magic)? Do I need to go to a bartender or is there a self-serve station?

If my husband wants a soda with dinner and we don't do the package, will he be charged or is it free with dinner? We have an ongoing issue that he drinks way too much soda; I don't want him to even get the soda package because he would feel obligated to drink it and he won't drink diet at all. I am hoping lemonade and iced tea will be good enough, but if he wants an occasional coke at dinner I need to know if it is included.

Not going to do the booze package because I only drink 1-2 "boat drinks" a day and I would not get my $ out of it. I think he had 2 beers total on our last cruise.

Tea and lemonade are served from a dispenser on Lido. It's no trouble at all other than walking up there when you want it.

You will be charged for sodas at dinner. I think it's ~$2 with the gratuity.

Edited by gtalum

You can get your fill of tea on the Lido but I warn you, I don't like the stuff in the machine. I'm more apt to brew a strong cup with a couple of bags, and then pour it over ice. It is very helpful if you have your own cup (with lid) that holds more than the 8-12 oz cups they provide.

I also have to agree with others on the tea, but last cruise we usually mixed it with the lemonade to help with the taste:)

I agree, the tea isn't great. I do this too. It's an impromptu Arnold Palmer, and much betetr than the tea by itself. :D

You can bring 12 cans onboard per person. Let him bring a 12 pack on for the week!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree with the other posters...I love iced tea, but I cannot drink what they serve on Lido. You can each bring a 12 pack of 12 oz. CANNED soft drinks. You can take a can along with you to the dining room and they will be more than happy to provide you a glass of ice.

You can get your fill of tea on the Lido but I warn you, I don't like the stuff in the machine. I'm more apt to brew a strong cup with a couple of bags, and then pour it over ice. It is very helpful if you have your own cup (with lid) that holds more than the 8-12 oz cups they provide.

Exactly what I do. Two bags, brewed strong. Poured over a full glass of ice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...