Visa rewards w/ next cruise

hollon

Can anyone help, can you use a visa reward w/ 500.00 off a cruise IF you've used a "next cruise certificate"? I also used a free companion (which I still had to pay 300.00 to make up the difference in cabins) on one cabin, can I use the 500.00 off that as well? I have three different cabins booked.

Can anyone help, can you use a visa reward w/ 500.00 off a cruise IF you've used a "next cruise certificate"? I also used a free companion (which I still had to pay 300.00 to make up the difference in cabins) on one cabin, can I use the 500.00 off that as well? I have three different cabins booked.

Visa rewards can be combined with anything

I cashed in points for a free cruise but was NOT allowed to combine with my diamond balcony discount. I think it is a fairly recent change.

Yes, as of October 1, 2013 there were changes in using Visa Rewards. You can not combine Visa Rewards with Upgrades also.

I cashed in points for a free cruise but was NOT allowed to combine with my diamond balcony discount. I think it is a fairly recent change.

Same here but I WAS allowed to use the awards for an upgrade inside to OV, get a balcony and still use my balcony discount.

You can no longer use the upgrades with any discounted rates, though. It is in the terms listed in the link above.

I have read through the terms and conditions and cannot find the answer to my question....maybe I just don't understand "legalese." Can you combine more than one $500 cruise discount on the same cruise? Or a $500 and $150? I know that you can combine OBC, but have not seen anything specific about the cruise discounts. Thanks!

I have read through the terms and conditions and cannot find the answer to my question....maybe I just don't understand "legalese." Can you combine more than one $500 cruise discount on the same cruise? Or a $500 and $150? I know that you can combine OBC, but have not seen anything specific about the cruise discounts. Thanks!

Allison, if you call the Coupon Redemption Center at 1-888-305-4626 they can help you.

I didn't push the issue on the balcony discount. I was one of the few they honored my points for a free cruise for two on Oasis. We booked a boardwalk balcony room 11729 and ended up paying $30 per person for the cabin. I am just thankful B of A honored my points. For most people it takes a while to say 125,000 points.

Yes you can, or I should say you could in the past. Like Patti said give them a call for sure and please report back as I have plans to do that myself.

I just called them. Yes you can combine any amount of $$ off a cruise fare awards.

Do you have to apply onboard? Or is there a benefit to applying onboard? Or can I apply before we sail?

No You can apply anytime. See below link. You will get 10,000 points which is worth $100 Onboard credit or I believe $100 of a cruise fare after your first purchase. It takes a billing cycle or 2 sometimes for the points to post to your account.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/dealsandmore/offer/visa.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=3&snav=5

Archived