Pan Pacific or Fairmont Waterfront

• The Pan Pacific is above the cruise terminal. The Fairmont Waterfront is across the street. Elevator down from the lobby to the cruise terminal is a Pan Pacific feature
  • Most will prefer the Pan Pacific as they can cheer the ship arriving at their feet below in the morning
  • Some have reported difficulties in getting rooms at the the Panny on their preferred dates. Fairmont Waterfront will have better availability
  • both hotels are premium priced, especially if you plan to stay for multiple nights. There is significant savings if you are willing to walk a few blocks.
  • both hotels offer luggage transfer services to the ship. While popular, I don't use the service as I've heard they can accidentally bulk transfer your luggage to the WRONG ship.
  • Fairmont Waterfront is pet friendly
    http://www.fairmont.com/waterfront-vancouver/promotions/pet-friendly-hotel/
  • Fairmont Waterfront offers a Mr. Grey experience
    http://www.fairmont.com/waterfront-vancouver/press-room/champagne-and-chantilly-lace/
  • there's also two blocks away is the Fairmont Pacific Rim (yeah the name is confusing). Bella Gelateria is the highlight there. Some like the hotel for Hertz car rentals.

• 2 months later...

We treated ourselves and stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront before our Alaska cruise in May. It was phenomenal. I cannot tell you how gorgeous the room was, the friendliness and efficiency of the staff, and yes we paid extra for the water view and saw our ship come in that morning. It was less expensive than the Pan Pacific, but I honestly don't think you can go wrong with either hotel. :)