Ft. Lauderdale Airport Hotel

sml3

Depends - if you want the wine they sell at CVS/Walgreens then yes. If you want a better selection you'll need to find a Publix grocery store - or better yet hit the Total Wine near the entrance to PE.

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area info.

Hampton Inn & Suites (2500 Stirling Road) is located next to a strip mall with K-Mart and everything else you will need.

I suspect Sharon or another local will chime in soon with other options - that is the one I am familiar with.

I'm getting the same price for this Hampton Inn and Suites on Stirling as the Hyatt 17th St. Convention Center-$266. I can get the Hyatt Pier 66 for $213 but I don't think that has anything around it or the airport shuttle.

This is becoming quite the chore! (an expensive one) :eek:

Edited by sml3

I'm right there with you. I've booked twice now and thankfully both had free cancellation because after consulting with these boards I realized the hotels were not the best. My concern is how close to the port should we book a hotel since it seems taxi's will cost a pretty penny to get to the port because of traffic. I also saw the Hyatt Pier 66 hotel for $200/night but I've read some pretty mixed reviews with that hotel. It's such a crap shoot!

The Hyatt Pier 66 is a really nice resort hotel on the water, near the beach, within short walking distance to a lot of shopping and dining.

I can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with it.

I would stay on 17th Street before I'd stay on Stirling Road.

The Hyatt is very close to both the port and airport.

No matter where you stay it is easy to pick up wine on the way to PE - just ask your cab driver to swing by Total Wine - you can pre-order on-line, your purchases will be waiting for you, and they have an extensive selection in all price ranges. :cool:

I would stay at the Hyatt Place 17th St over the Hampton on Stirling anytime, never mind when they are the same price. I'm not keen on the Pier 66 because it's on it's own over there, nothing really to walk to unless you really like walking, and quite often, the cheaper rates are for the "less well reviewed" rooms out back (can't remember what they call them, marina view or garden or something), but the nicer tower rooms that people do like, cost more.

If Valuetrips has Hyatt Place for your date, that would be a great choice. It's really close to Total Wine and close to the airport/port with a free airport shuttle.

Another area to consider is State Rd 84 (AKA SW 24th St)...this is the closest hotel area to the airport! In the Southland shopping center there are Winn-Dixie and Big Daddy Liquors. Just west of the shopping center are a Hampton Inn, Best Western, Holiday Inn Express, and Candlewood Suites. There are a few restaurants on the block too. It's not a really nice area, but would be fine if you're just staying for one night and can get a good price.

Yes, the SR84 hotels seem to be overlooked all the time on here. Not sure why. They are usually reasonably priced and have a few amenities nearby. And the road goes directly into the port at what's generally a lesser used entrance than Eller or 17th St.

To the west of this cluster is a Ramada at the interchange with I-95. We stayed there once and would never stay there again. What a dump lol. It's been years and maybe they have renovated, but to me, any renovation that didn't involve entirely demolishing and rebuilding would have been simply putting lipstick on a pig.

If Valuetrips has Hyatt Place for your date, that would be a great choice. It's really close to Total Wine and close to the airport/port with a free airport shuttle.

Another area to consider is State Rd 84 (AKA SW 24th St)...this is the closest hotel area to the airport! In the Southland shopping center there are Winn-Dixie and Big Daddy Liquors. Just west of the shopping center are a Hampton Inn, Best Western, Holiday Inn Express, and Candlewood Suites. There are a few restaurants on the block too. It's not a really nice area, but would be fine if you're just staying for one night and can get a good price.

I can get a pretty good rate for the Holiday Inn Express there. Thank you for the information....I'm booking this hotel. I know what I get with HIE but I wasn't sure of the area. Thanks again!

It seems like rates are cheaper near the Airport.

Don't just assume that to be true...

In the past, I've always saved a bit staying out on Sterling, usually the Springhill...But...

For our Pre-cruise next March, I've been constantly checking prices everywhere...

The Springhill was aksing $349 (dropped it to $329 a couple of days ago)...The two Hyatt properties out there were asking $305 and $349...Meanwhile, back in the 17th Street area, the Hyatt Pier 66 was going for only $216, the Embassy Suites for $265, The Hilton in the low to mid 200s for awhile as well...

I've tentatively booked the Homewood Suites at $188, but that's an anomaly...Since I've booked, it's already gone up several dollars...

As to why I'd take the Homewood over the Hyatt 66 to save $28, it also includes breakfast, wifi and airport shuttle...and all we plan on doing that day is resting and recovering from a redeye flight from the West Coast...