MikeyA53 - thoughts/prayers RCMP lost in line of duty

Payd

Sending positive thoughts tonight to a CC family - MikeyA53.

Watching in horror tonight at the news of the loss of RCMP officers in Moncton.

Thoughts and prayers with you, Mike and Tracy and your colleagues tonight and in the days ahead.

Devastating to have those that pledge to protect be in the line of fire.

payd

I checked CC as soon as I heard what happened was in NB. I hope Mikey and his family are safe. Such a horrible tragedy and my thoughts and prayers go to not only Mikey and his family but also to the RCMP community and their families.

Mike, please let us know that you & family are safe when you can.

Prayers and condolences for your fellow officers.

Stay safe!

Edited by hirent

I'm barely an hour west of the city the shooting is in. It's crazy and sad.

Social media is apparently hindering the search for the shooter. People on twitter just won't stop posting what they hear on the police scanner, "Police are on xxxxxxx blvd right now" etc etc. They say the shooter is following twitter and other social media and the people posting it is tipping off the shooter on the run where to avoid. Shooter still on the loose as of this typing(1am atlantic standard time)

Three RCMP shot dead in the line of duty, two more injured(second worst day for the RCMP behind the Mayerthorpe tragedy in 100 years).

Sad, sad day here in the Maritimes. I know it sounds cliche but you just don't expect it here(zero homicides in 2012). The top story on the Global(local station) 6pm evening news tonight was a dog biting postal workers. Seriously, that's the kinda docile place this is, dog bites mailman is the lead story.

Edited by Askewview

I'm barely an hour west of the city the shooting is in. It's crazy and sad.

Social media is apparently hindering the search for the shooter. People on twitter just won't stop posting what they hear on the police scanner, "Police are on xxxxxxx blvd right now" etc etc. They say the shooter is following twitter and other social media and the people posting it is tipping off the shooter on the run where to avoid. Shooter still on the loose as of this typing(1am atlantic standard time)

Three RCMP shot dead in the line of duty, two more injured(second worst day for the RCMP behind the Mayerthorpe tragedy in 100 years).

Sad, sad day here in the Maritimes. I know it sounds cliche but you just don't expect it here(zero homicides in 2012). The top story on the Global(local station) 6pm evening news tonight was a dog biting postal workers. Seriously, that's the kinda docile place this is, dog bites mailman is the lead story.

This is just so shocking. Sadly we remember Mayerthorpe too well. I have seen the latest stories of RCMP pleading that residents refrain from posting locations on SM.

sad

Prayers to Mike, Tracey, family and all their colleagues...thank you for anyone who serves the public ...thank you for your service..we all love you here at CC..hope you are holding up and ok....Sarah

When I heard about this Mike and Tracy were the first thing I thought of. Hopefully they are both safe and sound.

Sent from my GALAXY Note II using Tapatalk 2

I am also praying that Mike and Tracy are safe!

Same here. They were the first people I thought of. My prayers to not only Mike and Tracy but to the families of those lost. :(

So sad. Sending condolences to the families of the three RCMP's who lost their lives and praying for the other two who are injured. Thoughts and prayers for all the people in Moncton . It's a very sad day for the entire city. Here's hoping that Mike and Tracy are safe and perhaps they have already relocated in Ottawa as planned.

Just heard on the news that the entire city of Moncton is basically under "lockdown" while they search the area for the suspect. We know the RCMP will find him.

Terrible News! So sad and so senseless!!

My first thoughts too were with Mike and Tracy. Are they not in Ottawa now though? I was thinking how they must be devastated hearing this news but thought at least they were safe in Ottawa?

I'm confused. First I thought this poster was involved. Now I'm thinking not.

Is someone just drawing a line that an incident happened in an area where this poster is part of the police force? Or is he involved in some manner?

Is someone just drawing a line that an incident happened in an area where this poster is part of the police force? Or is he involved in some manner?

The OP was writing this about another CC member who goes by MikeyA53. Both he and his wife Tracy are RCMP officers. There were stationed in New Brunswick but I believe are moving or have moved to Ottawa. The OP was just writing condolences to Mike and Tracy as they probably know the officers that were killed and plus maybe even Mike and/or Tracy are involved if they are still in New Brunswick??

It is just a very sad situation!

You may have come across some of their reviews - usually B2B cruises and very informative, interesting reviews.

CC is unlike many other boards.....many times, members often become friends and cruising buddies. We meet at Meet and Greets aboard ships and know about each other's work and family. We come to know each other through our reviews and comments. We end up caring about each other. You are well on your way to becoming "family" on CC.

Just putting out positive thoughts, and asking that we think of a CC family following a horrific crime.