Alaska

blue hen

It is very commonly recommended on this board that flights after 11am are fine. However, it might be wise in the future to find out appropriate flight times before booking the flight.

As to when disembarking starts, that depends on ship, cruise line and when the port clears the ship. Specifying the ship would be helpful.

Generally, the reports are that virtually all start letting pax off by 7:30.

Edited by CruiserBruce

We took our time getting off the ship this past July (Carnival) and walked right off with our luggage around 9:00 a.m. We called our car service and they were there in just a few minutes. The ride to the airport was a bit long though. There was a lot of traffic on a weekday, with construction. So we got to the airport around 10ish I'd say. However, the lines were really long at SEA-TAC. They had a couple of cruise ships for that day, so people leaving and coming in made for a very busy airport (the one woman even told us, because the line was about 45-60 minutes to check in for the flight).

Soo... while you SHOULD be OK with a noon flight, I know for me personally, I would prefer a later flight. We usually do around 1:30-2:00 whenever we're coming home.

We will be going on Alaska cruise in June from Seattle and back to Seattle,does anyone know what time disembarking starts as we have a noon flight and concerned we have enough time to get to airport? Help please

You SHOULD be okay. My wife and I did our Alaskan cruise the middle of June 2012 on the Carnival Spirit R/T out of Seattle. I could not believe how fast we were off the ship, thru customs and at the airport shuttle stop , twenty minutes, at the MOST !! I even remember telling my wife that this has got to be a record. Hopefully, you should have the same good fortune ! Good luck!

Mac

Many years ago we were also on an NCL cruise to Alaska out of Seattle. I listened to all the folks who said that you MUST book a flight after 12noon.

We carried our own luggage off the ship and were at the airport by about 8:30AM. DH was NOT happy waiting around until 3PM for our flight!!

I think your noon flight will be just fine!

Being a Sunday morning there should be no problem at all with a Noon flight. Even I-5 should be relatively wide open and taxis will take the HOV lanes. If here is weekend road construction/repair going on there are fairly quick alternative routes the cab drivers will use.

We did this in May and had more than enough time!!! Just make sure ALL your bills have been paid on NCL, or they will NOT let you off the ship!!! I was with 3 other people and they got off the ship quickly!!! I owed about $7, which I paid the night before, but they didn't credit my account....Long line to get your account straightened out!!! Even with all that confusion, we were at the airport by 9:30 for a 11:30 flight. We took a taxi. We will be doing the same flight again in May '17.

we had a late flight and decided to hide out and be the last off..but, they still found us and we were off by 10 am..they really want to clear the ship of passengers asap..we had really tried to avoid the *hurry up and wait* routine..but ended up waiting around for 3 hrs for our flight..