First Time Solo Princess Cruise Question

mommysoncruiser

Hello everyone.

I just happen to be searching online when I came across this killer deal for a cruise on Princess that is sailing out of Houston, TX on the 19th of April. My birthday is on the 23rd and I am considering doing this cruise. Right now Princess has a great offer going on for onboard credit for military and the price is cheap too. The problem is that in order to claim the military onboard credit of up to $250 I need to send them the request forms 14 days before sailing. Well I only just saw this today like 30 minutes ago. I called Princess and asked about it and they told me to call back tomorrow and ask the department if they will accept this last minute. I guess my question is: Do you think they will honor the credit, especially since I only just found this deal and it's my birthday???

I have not booked because I am awaiting their reply tomorrow. While I am not thrilled about the itinerary, I am excited to try Princess cruises. Oh and I have been to 2 of the ports that we are visiting already and didn't care much for them. I just want to be sitting in the house all alone for my Birthday. Thanks in advance guys!!!

Good For You. Have a wonderful time and Happy Birthday.

I will be on my first Princess solo cruise for my birthday May 19. Just coincidence in dates but looking forward to it. Make sure you mark it in your Cruise Personalize and they will celebrate with you!

I will be on my first Princess solo cruise for my birthday May 19. Just coincidence in dates but looking forward to it. Make sure you mark it in your Cruise Personalize and they will celebrate with you!

Thanks for your response. I am really excited and have never cruised Princess or solo before. I did mark it as a birthday event and know it will be wonderful. Looking at your past cruises I am totally jealous, lol....I wish I could have taken more exotic and world tours. Here's to a wonderful start!!

Can you report back on your Princess solo experience? I've only done Holland America so far and I'm thinking of trying them this winter, but didn't know how they treated solos. Even just a brief summary would be greatly appreciated!

I'm very excited about this cruise and a week in Cape Town before it. I'll report back when I return in mid-June. I haven't cruised solo in years, several on HAL and 2 on Celebrity. All were very good experiences. I don't really expect much difference on Princess solo except for it being a long ride on a small ship which has pluses and minuses of it's own. Wish me luck and Bon voyage whatever you choose!

Can you report back on your Princess solo experience? I've only done Holland America so far and I'm thinking of trying them this winter, but didn't know how they treated solos. Even just a brief summary would be greatly appreciated!

I'm also a solo booked on the Caribbean Princess April 19th :). I like the fact that they will give me two cruise credits. That seems right since I'm paying practically 200% :mad:. I was in the army reserves for 6 years back when I was a kid and didn't think that I would qualify for the military OBC but the guy taking my reservations encouraged me to put in for it anyway and they gave me the OBC. So as far as the booking part, I'm very happy with that. :D. This will also be my first Princess Cruise.

I'm also a solo booked on the Caribbean Princess April 19th :). I like the fact that they will give me two cruise credits. That seems right since I'm paying practically 200% :mad:. I was in the army reserves for 6 years back when I was a kid and didn't think that I would qualify for the military OBC but the guy taking my reservations encouraged me to put in for it anyway and they gave me the OBC. So as far as the booking part, I'm very happy with that. :D. This will also be my first Princess Cruise.

Yeah!! Have you figured out any of your excursions yet?

P.S. How do I check to see if I am getting two cruise credits? I would love to get that.

Edited by mommysoncruiser

... How do I check to see if I am getting two cruise credits? I would love to get that.

Just give Princess or your TA a call and ask them. I was surprised about that. It was just something that was mentioned during my booking. On RCI when you book a suite they will give you double points. In other words on a 7 day cruise you would earn 14 points in a suite.

Just give Princess or your TA a call and ask them. I was surprised about that. It was just something that was mentioned during my booking. On RCI when you book a suite they will give you double points. In other words on a 7 day cruise you would earn 14 points in a suite.

I'm not in a suite so no double points for me. :( lol... Are you doing anything specific on this cruise of just winging it as far as excursion?

you get double points for cruising solo on Princess no matter what type of cabin you are in. If you sail in a suite solo, you get 3 points.

Where did you get this information? I called them and they said only suites get double points. Can you provide a link or something in writing that states this?

I'm not in a suite so no double points for me. :( lol... Are you doing anything specific on this cruise of just winging it as far as excursion?

This is what is posted on their Membership Benefits page:

"Note: Each time you book and sail in a full suite or sail alone in a cabin in which you pay the exclusive occupancy fare we will count it as two cruises!"

In their search window just type in Membership Benefits or Membership Levels and it will take you right there.

As far as the excursion I don't have them all nailed down yet. On my last cruise I picked something the day before. I still can't decide on what to do in Belize. I've done the Zip line and cave tubing with my son and that was fun. I just booked this cruise so last minute, I'm still playing catch up.

This is what is posted on their Membership Benefits page:

"Note: Each time you book and sail in a full suite or sail alone in a cabin in which you pay the exclusive occupancy fare we will count it as two cruises!"

In their search window just type in Membership Benefits or Membership Levels and it will take you right there.

As far as the excursion I don't have them all nailed down yet. On my last cruise I picked something the day before. I still can't decide on what to do in Belize. I've done the Zip line and cave tubing with my son and that was fun. I just booked this cruise so last minute, I'm still playing catch up.

Thank you for that. I love having things in writing. Will be calling them once again and making sure that I get this. Are you on the roll call for this cruise?