Revelation Tours

bellagirl

Hi-We are thinking of doing the Riviera Panorama tour from this company. I just have one question:do they pick you up from the tender at the Cannes port? I noticed they have different prices depending on where you are coming from.

Also looking at Dream Tours-do they provide the same pick-up from the tender at Cannes? This is our first time in this area, so I have lots of questions!

Thanks to all who answer! Shelly:)

Hey, Shelly -

We used Revelation Tours in June...we ported in Cannes, and Michel (pronounced, "Michelle") was right there when we got off the tender waiting for us...and to put it very simply, he was amazing. He is a "do not miss" tour and I would use him again in a heartbeat if I were to go back to the Riviera.

So - yes, Michel will pick you up right at the tender. Hope this helps!

Sherri

Edited by KansCocoa
Because proper punctuation makes all the difference....

Sherri-thanks for answering so promptly on both threads!! May I ask which tour you took from Michel?. I was just looking at our itinerary and it looks like we may only be able to take the half-day tour as our ship doesn't get into Cannes early enough to take the 9-hr. excursion.

Oh well, half-day is no better than not doing it at all! Thanks for the info, Shelly:)

• 2 weeks later...

Michel gets my vote too! He was right there at the port waiting for us & we had the most amazing tour with him. Very easy to communicate with & will gladly give you suggestions if you need/want them. We were a group of 6 and his patience with us alone was appreciated. I've dealt with lots of guides in the last 10 years & he was, by far, one of the best! As above poster stated, I also would not hesitate to hire Michel again if we ever return to France.

Although enough has already been said about how wonderful a tour guide Michel of Revelation Tours is, I can't help but agree and can absolutely recommend him for a very comprehensive tour of what ever you ask of him. I was lucky to tour with him in June as the first of several private port tours I booked for a 12-night RCL cruise and he set the standard for all to come which was not exceeded. If you book with Revelation tours, be sure to request him by name. You will be greatly satisfied.

Our driver/guide was Michele, who was great, and worked hard to make the tour fun for our kids. We stopped at several scenic outlooks, and he was very knowledgable about the region.

The van was very comfortable--all in all, a great tour ;)

• 6 years later...

This past August we booked a tour with Michel Legrand from Revelation Tours. What a fabulous experience! Michel met us promptly at the Celebrity Equinox at the port of Cannes and the five of us set out in his luxury, air conditioned Mercedes minivan for a customized tour of the French Riviera. He was a walking history book, but his stories were so anecdotal that he was a pleasure to listen to – certainly different from any history teacher we ever had. Unlike many other tour leaders, Michel is a licensed tour guide as well as a driver.

We started out with two medieval villages, Saint-Paul and Tourrettes-sur-Loup, getting there well ahead of the ship’s numerous tour buses. At our first stop, there were hardly any tourists around, giving us great photo ops without massive crowds. Then it was on to Nice, where we had some time to explore on our own. Michel then arranged a wonderful picnic lunch on the top of a mountain – cheese, wine, sausages, ham, veggies – and even a cake for my niece and nephew’s fifth anniversary that Michele had purchased while we were shopping in Nice.

The day ended with a gorgeous scenic drive through Cap d’Antibes, the Garoupe lighthouse, and the flower hills, ending with a drive through Cannes where Michele dropped us back at the ship on time in spite of the awful traffic. Our day with Michel was the highlight of our trip – we definitely recommend him for anyone wanting an exceptional and fun day in the French Riviera.

P1030617.jpg.64c69db7a027c346423e7dc20a74e7e5.jpg

I was just looking at our itinerary and it looks like we may only be able to take the half-day tour as our ship doesn't get into Cannes early enough to take the 9-hr. excursion.

Oh well, half-day is no better than not doing it at all! Thanks for the info, Shelly:)

I haven't used this tour company, but the following applies to any tour company. Don't assume you have to use one of their set tours - half-day, 9 hours, whatever - those are standard suggestions. Always tell the company what your exact hours are in port and ask them to suggest an itinerary that would fit your time. You might end up with a three-quarter day tour rather than a half or full-day. Also, mention any special places that you would like to include and they can work it in. Or ask what else they would add with, say, a couple of extra hours.

PS - I just noticed the post I answered was from a few months ago, but my answer applies to any tour operator.

Edited by marazul

• 1 year later...

We have used Michel several times and he is great as others have stated. He recently shut-down Revelation Tours and now works for 1388 Travel in Nice, France. His email address is bonjour@1388.fr. I just received an email from him and we're in the process of setting up a tour from the port of Marseille, France.

We have used Michel several times and he is great as others have stated. He recently shut-down Revelation Tours and now works for 1388 Travel in Nice, France. His email address is bonjour@1388.fr. I just received an email from him and we're in the process of setting up a tour from the port of Marseille, France.

Hello there Cruzer Two!

I am looking to set up a tour of Marseille as well and came across this forum. Would you by any chance have a website of the company Michel works for? I tried googling "1388 Travel" and have not come up with anything that remotely resembles a shore excursion site. Would very much like to see what kind of tour he offers and the price as well.

Looking forward to hearing back from you! :)

Hello there Cruzer Two!

I am looking to set up a tour of Marseille as well and came across this forum. Would you by any chance have a website of the company Michel works for? I tried googling "1388 Travel" and have not come up with anything that remotely resembles a shore excursion site. Would very much like to see what kind of tour he offers and the price as well.

Sorry, I can't help you with a website. Michel is listed on several websites such as www.PrivateGuide.com and www.ToursByLocals.com, but I prefer to deal directly with the guide and not go through a third party. I connected directly with Michel through LinkedIn and he promptly responded with his private email address (listed above). He will respond with some suggestions based on your likes! Aix en Provence, Arles, Avignon, and Les Baux are all nice places to visit from the port of Marseille. We will be there in February, so many of the hill-towns such as Les Baux are pretty much shut-down for the winter I'm told my Michel. Good luck with your planning!

Ron

• 4 weeks later...
Hello there Cruzer Two!

I just booked two tours through Michel at 1388 Travel from Monte Carlo and Toulon for our family of 9 in July 2018. Michel won't be our driver, unfortunately, so fingers crossed that Kevin will provide us with an excellent experince. His website is http://1388.fr/