LGA Connection

Gsel

We have not been in LGA in years and are wondering if a 2 hour layover is enough time to make a connection and terminal change.

Thanks

More details would help. Are you on one ticket but two airlines? Or are you on two separate tickets? If the former, two hours is likely fine. If the latter, you're running some risks (for one, you aren't protected, so if your first flight is late and you misconnect to the second flight, neither airline has a responsibility to get you anywhere other than LGA).

Do please provide dates, airlines and routes and that will help give the best possible answer.

LGA-BOS. Well, that's one leg. Who knows what the other one is.

So, the answer becomes....."sure, why not? Sounds good to me."

This is worse than pulling teeth. Or Chinese water torture. Someone else can try to fill in the blanks.

In other words....try giving ALL the details so that an intelligent answer can be given.

Sorry to be so vague, guess I am not used to needing help! We are traveling from DFW-LGA-BOS. I was based at LGA for a couple of years as a FA and just not accustomed to having to ask such a question. I have avoided LGA when we travel and now just couldn't do so. Thanks for your help.

We are traveling from DFW-LGA-BOS.
That's OK - we know now.

As I see it, DFW-LGA arrives at Terminal B and LGA-BOS departs from Terminal C. The official Minimum Connection Time is 1:15, so if you have 2 hours you should have ample margin. I've not done it, but my usual sources say that B --> C is walkable, but there is also a free shuttle bus.

Terminal B is also referred to as Central Terminal. It has the most shops/food court outside (ground side) security.

Terminal C has a food court and all their food options are run by Cibo Express (even have a Candy Store SGR (Sugar) for some reason). Except for a small outlet by baggage claim ALL retail services are behind security.

Their food court is you enter your selection in an iPad, get ticket, pay at separate station, return for your food.

It is walkable as to the Port Authority Shuttle Bus you wan the bus marked BUS ROUTE B. Do not take Bus Route A our you will waste time going out to Terminal A which is the original flying boat terminal out by the water where all the Boston/Washington shuttles leave from. Route B just does Terminals B-C-D.

FWIW

Edited by Brighton Line

Thanks! On the LGA website it does not look walkable and we were not looking forward to having to get on the bus. We will do the bus only if our flight from DFW is late. When I was based at LGA there was only one terminal (guess I just told you how old I am) and everything was very easy. I appreciate the help.

Barbara

I looked at the LGA website a bit closer and did see how the connection between terminals is walkable. We will just have to go thru TSA again! What a pain! Oh well, that is the cost of travel now and well worth the "trouble".

Thanks again.