Hotel suggestions for Port Carnival?

paulgraff

Country Inn and Suites probably has better rooms plus a free breakfast, but Radisson's pool area is so nice. It just has the feel like you're about to go on a cruise. It's the perfect pre-cruise hotel, based on that beautiful setup.

Thanks for that comparison. I might make my flights first. If I get into the area early I'll go for the pool. If we don't arrive till mid afternoon or evening, I'll get the nicer room and breakfast.

I think the breakfast buffet is included with the cruise package. They also have a shuttle to the port, but be sure you call as soon as you make a reservation and put your name on the shuttle list as it is first-sign-up, first-served.

There is also a waterfall in the swimming pool and a poolside Tiki bar.

Radisson has 2 different rates for the park, shuttle, & cruise: one with breakfast & one without. The one with breakfast was $165 plus tax, while we paid $133 plus tax for the one without breakfast. We didn't even think about doing the one with breakfast. We just brought our own food from home for breakfast, or if someone's flying, there's a McDonalds across the street. Much cheaper than paying the extra for the Radisson breakfast.

And good point about the shuttles. Once you're booked, call the hotel and sign up for a shuttle. We have been fortunate to always get on the Radisson's earliest shuttle, which is at 10:30. They usually start early as well, so be in the lobby at least 15 minutes early, ready to go.

Edited by k2excursion

We are going on the Sunshine. We book with Go port canaveral. We got a great deal on transfers from airport to hotel, the hotel, hotel to cruise ship and back to airport after cruise. They have website but called and got a better rate. It was cheaper per person than just transfers to cruise ship. Worth a call.

Which hotel did you end up with for the go port canaveral deal? I was looking into that as well.

• 1 month later...
We book with Go port canaveral. We got a great deal on transfers from airport to hotel, the hotel, hotel to cruise ship and back to airport after cruise. They have website but called and got a better rate. It was cheaper per person than just transfers to cruise ship. Worth a call.

Have you used them before? I couldn't find any reviews on them. ???

We stayed at the Days Inn Cocoa Beach. It wasn't fancy, but we got in late & it was just fine. The staff was super nice. There's fast food nearby. The "free breakfast" was adequate and we walked to the beach and played before we left for the ship. The kids loved it. I'm sure they have a pool, but we used the ocean as our pool.

We had a car, and just dropped it off at the Avis lot right on A1A between the hotel and the port. Super easy! There's a gas station right there where we got gas and drinks and went on our way. Then there's an Avis shuttle to the port.

Here's the best news- I just looked at my receipt. It was $75 out the door for 4 of us.

We stayed at that Radisson once and will NEVER go back! Horrible experience and in the end, they offered me a cocktail at 3 am for my inconvenience. What??? Slept in the car the rest of the night and washed everything I had with me in very hot water when I got home. :mad: (To be fair, this was just prior to our sailing in 2008. I'm sure they have had complete re-do's of their rooms, etc, and (hopefully) management and staff.)

Might I suggest Country Inn which is also right there? They won my business that trip and I still frequent their hotels frequently when traveling. The Embassy Suites mentioned above sounds like it has a lot of perks too.

We are going on the Sunshine. We book with Go port canaveral. We got a great deal on transfers from airport to hotel, the hotel, hotel to cruise ship and back to airport after cruise. They have website but called and got a better rate. It was cheaper per person than just transfers to cruise ship. Worth a call.

thanks for the tip!!! Calling Go Port Canaveral now. :)

I was also quoted a great rate. Have you used Go Port Canaveral services before? I can't find any customer reviews about them online. Thank you for the great suggestion.

Happy future sailing,

Secretv2 ;)

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Radisson last year. The breakfast is an additional $10pp. The best part of the hotel is the sleep number beds. The rooms were old, dirty and dated. The corridors are outside which I don't like. Their park and shuttle was very good!

I'll stay at Residence or Country Inn this year!

Cheryl

• 8 months later...

Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels in Port Canaveral on North Atlantic Ave? Liked them? Didn't like them?

We have done Radisson at the Port. Hated it! Yes, it was all the way back in 2008. I should hope their renovation project made things better. I cannot think of anywhere I have ever that I was so disappointed.

The hotel had the rudest staff and the rooms were disgusting. Two screws fell out of the fan and it started falling down. I had to go get someone from maintenance to come fix it right away. We weren't the only ones on the shuttle who had room issues though. Several people had problems with a/c and/or their fans. One gentleman's fan did fall out of the ceiling in the middle of the night. Thank goodness he wasn't hurt.

The website makes the pool and everything look like a beautiful oasis. It looked like a mosquito trap when we were there.

I am sure it has changed by now, but it just left such a terrible impression. The breakfast was good though. And the shuttle driver was pretty decent.

Radisson hasn't changed at all!!!! The rooms are seedy and the place is far from nice especially at what they charge!

I've heard that the Country Inn & Suites is nice. I stay at the Residence Inn, but it fills up quickly.

Good luck!

Is the Country Inn and Suites in Cocoa Beach or Port Canaveral? I'm not familiar with the areas but I believe they are a few miles apart? I booked at Hampton Inn, but I'm thinking if Country inn or Radison is on the beach in Cocoa Beach, maybe I should switch? Thanks