is November high season for FLL

glituner32

Question, Looking to book a one night stay before cruise for Nov 4th into 5th. Seems like all the hotels around the port are either sold out or around $300 a night. It it high season or is there an event during that week. port everglades

Thanks

Normally, November is our shoulder season, however that weekend, the International Boat Show draws thousands of visitors to the Fort Lauderdale area, thus the cost of hotels are either tripled or sold out.

Check out Lauderdale by the Sea, just north of Fort Lauderdale (20 minutes from FLL and Port Everglades). There are lots of mom and pop beachfront hotels/motels and a dozen+ restaurants/bars.

http://www.lbtsevents.com/

Question, Looking to book a one night stay before cruise for Nov 4th into 5th. Seems like all the hotels around the port are either sold out or around $300 a night. It it high season or is there an event during that week. port everglades

Thanks

Make a note, when thinking of a cruise in November, first check to see when the boat show is scheduled. There's one every November. Then pick another weekend.

Make a note, when thinking of a cruise in November, first check to see when the boat show is scheduled. There's one every November. Then pick another weekend.

We have a hotel booked in Boynton Beach for the night (Nov 4). We have a one-way car rental we'll be dropping off at Alamo - Port Everglades on Nov 5. I know Boynton Beach is about 45-60 minutes away. This may be a dumb question, but is traffic going to be horrendous for us on Saturday morning getting to the port? Should we plan for a whole lot more driving time? Thanks in advance!

We have a hotel booked in Boynton Beach for the night (Nov 4). We have a one-way car rental we'll be dropping off at Alamo - Port Everglades on Nov 5. I know Boynton Beach is about 45-60 minutes away. This may be a dumb question, but is traffic going to be horrendous for us on Saturday morning getting to the port? Should we plan for a whole lot more driving time? Thanks in advance!

Traffic on a Saturday morning on I-95 should be fine, however that is the weekend of the International Boat Show in Fort Lauderdale, and traffic may be heavier than usual, once you exit I-95. Plan for at least 1 hour.

Traffic on a Saturday morning on I-95 should be fine, however that is the weekend of the International Boat Show in Fort Lauderdale, and traffic may be heavier than usual, once you exit I-95. Plan for at least 1 hour.

Thank you! :)