2016. Cruisers who want to lose

MikeNKim

Hi everyone!

I just got back from a Western Caribbean cruise and was appalled at how I looked in the pictures. There's a great video of me zip-lining that I would love to post to Facebook, but I'm embarrassed at how large I've gotten.

SO, I'm looking to lose about 50lbs before our next cruise in June 2016 to Alaska.

Kirby

I totally hear you on the pictures. Happens to me on every trip. I keep trying to get on track and fall off over and over again. We sail on April 9th. Welcome to the thread.

Hi, all! I haven't checked in for awhile. Nothing to report. I am still struggling to get back to my food plan. I might do well for 2 or even 3 days and then I self sabotage.

Reading all of your successes may help with motivation. I have been walking consistently several times a week and going to Curves 1 or 2 times a week.

I really only want to lose 10lbs. Most of my weight is in my belly and I can't seem to lose anything there. It is so hard when you hit 65 and older.

My cruise is in April so I have plenty of time. I just need to stay focused.

I have officially lost 46 pounds in the last five-plus months. I have dropped from 226 to 180, and my BMI has gone from 34.4 to 27.4. 20-25 more pounds to my goal by our mid-November sailing.

I'M SO STOKED!!!! :D

That is amazing! How did you do it? Always looking for peoples success stories.

That is amazing! How did you do it? Always looking for peoples success stories.

Diet modification and portion control. I cut out the junk (ice cream, cookie dough, chocolate milk) first. Then I started serving myself smaller portions, and worked down to a diet shake for breakfast, cereal and milk for lunch, and a balanced dinner, with a small snack or two thrown in. It also helps that I have a three-year-old and a nine-month-old to chase. :D

I have officially lost 46 pounds in the last five-plus months. I have dropped from 226 to 180, and my BMI has gone from 34.4 to 27.4. 20-25 more pounds to my goal by our mid-November sailing.

I'M SO STOKED!!!! :D

How awesome!!!! Congrats on your hard work paying off...you earned it!

Thank you all for your kind words and support! The trick for me was to start off slow by eliminating certain foods first, as opposed to diving head-first into a strict diet plan. I worked my way down to my current regimen. The first six weeks or so was tough, but once I started to adjust to it, the weight just started to melt away. I wish you all the best on your own weight-loss journeys!

Thank you all for your kind words and support! The trick for me was to start off slow by eliminating certain foods first, as opposed to diving head-first into a strict diet plan. I worked my way down to my current regimen. The first six weeks or so was tough, but once I started to adjust to it, the weight just started to melt away. I wish you all the best on your own weight-loss journeys!

Congratulations on your weight loss! Can you share what your current regimen is?

I am cruising in Feb 2016 aboard the Carnival Sunshine. on Monday, I started p90x workouts and nutrition plan. I was very sore until yesterday. I feel so much better today after workout number six. There is plenty to eat, too much really. I don't remember the last time I felt this energized. I have 20 pounds I would like to loose.

Congratulations on your weight loss! Can you share what your current regimen is?

It's pretty simple. I have a weight-loss shake for breakfast, milk and cereal for lunch, a balanced dinner, and a snack or two. Oh, and lots of water! I've done pretty well so far at keeping it between 1000 and 1200 calories per day.

• 2 weeks later...

About 3 years ago I lost 45 pounds. I've gained back 20, so I re-started Medifast. I work with a trainer, who told me to alternate cardio and strength, exercising every day. Today was Day 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About 3 years ago I lost 45 pounds. I've gained back 20, so I re-started Medifast. I work with a trainer, who told me to alternate cardio and strength, exercising every day. Today was Day 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can i ask what is medifast?

• 2 months later...
I am cruising in Feb 2016 aboard the Carnival Sunshine. on Monday, I started p90x workouts and nutrition plan. I was very sore until yesterday. I feel so much better today after workout number six. There is plenty to eat, too much really. I don't remember the last time I felt this energized. I have 20 pounds I would like to loose.

I have a Cruise in June 2016 and want to lose 25 pound before than. I have loss 20 pounds already in the last 3 months by eating better(Healthier choices) and not consuming huge portions. I eat alot of veggies and only drink water. I am going to incorporate some excercise as to help we with my lifestyle change.

How are you guys doing so far? Has anyone reached their goal?

How are you staying motivated?

Mbrodrig, I reached my 90 days on Saturday. I did every single workout except the last two because I have the flu. I lost 22 pounds during the 90 days. Reading my comment, I exceeded my goal which is exciting. Setting a goal for me has been a huge part of my success. I have also cut out red meat from my diet. I try and incorporate 3-4 days of vegetarian eating which is working very well for me. I have 80 days until my cruise and will try to loose another 10 pounds.

I have a Cruise in June 2016 and want to lose 25 pound before than. I have loss 20 pounds already in the last 3 months by eating better(Healthier choices) and not consuming huge portions. I eat alot of veggies and only drink water. I am going to incorporate some excercise as to help we with my lifestyle change.

How are you guys doing so far? Has anyone reached their goal?

How are you staying motivated?

I cruise on the Sunshine Feb 5 and am looking to lose 60lbs by then. So far, after about a week, I'm down 12lbs. Feeling great.

I'm sticking with seafood and chicken as my meat options. Motivation is another thing. I have a tough time with that... not sure how I'll stay motivated as I'm a terrible food addict. So far so good though.

• 2 weeks later...
Mbrodrig, I reached my 90 days on Saturday. I did every single workout except the last two because I have the flu. I lost 22 pounds during the 90 days. Reading my comment, I exceeded my goal which is exciting. Setting a goal for me has been a huge part of my success. I have also cut out red meat from my diet. I try and incorporate 3-4 days of vegetarian eating which is working very well for me. I have 80 days until my cruise and will try to loose another 10 pounds.

Congrats and way to go. I have yet to incorporate excercise but decieded today is the day to do that. Still eating healthier and decieded to do a Fit girl 28Day of regular excercise to get me motivated and stay motivated. 194 days till my cruise..

I cruise on the Sunshine Feb 5 and am looking to lose 60lbs by then. So far, after about a week, I'm down 12lbs. Feeling great.

I'm sticking with seafood and chicken as my meat options. Motivation is another thing. I have a tough time with that... not sure how I'll stay motivated as I'm a terrible food addict. So far so good though.

I think I can stay motivated if DH stays motivated as he has hit the Gym on a daily so I think I will follow suit. Keep up the good work.

Congrats to all of you who have stuck with it and lost! I have not been very motivated and have not really kept with anything but, I'm back to it!

I have my cruise coming up in March, and Christmas dinner with family I haven't seen in several years so I'm back to working out every morning, and eating right. I'm eating clean and trying to avoid breads, pastas and rice. Loading up instead on fresh fruits and veggies.

Good luck to all who are trying to lose for a cruise!

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely joining this group and subscribing for motivation! I have my bucket list cruise and trip booked for next September and I must lose weight ... I know that a lot of walking happens during European excursions and I definitely don't want to be left behind. I'd also like to be able to dress in some new, smaller clothes when the time comes around. I want this cruise to be a reward for all my hard work. We can do it!! I'll be checking in here at least once a week.

I need to join you here. I definitely need to lose before our next cruise! I bought the 21 day fix starter kit but it looked way too time consuming for me. I might be trying good old fashioned diet and exercise :eek:

I agree, I purchased the 21day fix and it does seem time consuming. They make it look so easy on TV :(

I am going to return mine and focus on healthy eating and exercise