Zuiderdam I Cabins - Main vs. Upper Verandah

DiploTraveler

We're looking at a cruise on Zuiderdam and are interested in an inside cabin. We're a family of four, so space is important and I've read that the I cabins are quite roomy.

There are I cabins available on Main deck and Upper Verandah. I imagine that it's a lot quieter on the higher deck, but what about size? We're specifically looking at cabin 1053 on Main.

Cabin 1053 is going to be right below the Queens lounge so (personally) I would avoid that and go with your other idea of the higher deck (Upper Promenade) toward the aft. The Upper Promenade aft insides have the MDR below you and guest cabins above you so it should be much more quiet. As to size, I cannot comment as I've never been in an inside on HAL.

Edit: I just realized you said Upper "Verandah"..... definitely go with Upper Verandah, you only have guest cabins above and below you. Sorry.

Edited by joepeka

To my knowledge, there are no I-category cabins on Main Deck, only J- and K-. The J-cabins are the ones between the forward and mid-ship elevators; the K-cabins go from the aft elevators to the stern. They are all huge.

I have never stayed in an I-cabin on the upper deck, but understand they are a smidge larger than the Main Deck cabins. Someone who stayed in one told me the I-cabins are "about an inch" larger.

I have stayed in cabin 1053, and several of the nearby cabins, on starboard side on all the Vista/Signature ships. I love the area, and look there first when choosing a cabin on those ships.

It's close to the Front Desk, Shore Excursion Office, Future Cruise Consultant's Desk, as well as the floor level of the show lounge. It's handy to the glass elevators, too, which give a pretty ride, and take you to some important points on the ship.

It may appear that cabin 1053 is under the Queen's Lounge, but it really isn't. The entrance to the lounge is on starboard, but the "business" end of the room is on port side. That's where the bandstand is. I have never been bothered by a bit of noise in any of the cabins along there; friends on port side have.

To my knowledge, there are no I-category cabins on Main Deck, only J- and K-. The J-cabins are the ones between the forward and mid-ship elevators; the K-cabins go from the aft elevators to the stern. They are all huge.

Yes, you are correct, of course. My mistake. 1053 is a J cabin on Main deck. 6081 (one example) is an I cabin on Upper Verandah.

I have stayed in cabin 1053, and several of the nearby cabins, on starboard side on all the Vista/Signature ships. I love the area, and look there first when choosing a cabin on those ships.

It's close to the Front Desk, Shore Excursion Office, Future Cruise Consultant's Desk, as well as the floor level of the show lounge. It's handy to the glass elevators, too, which give a pretty ride, and take you to some important points on the ship.

Sounds quite convenient.

It may appear that cabin 1053 is under the Queen's Lounge, but it really isn't. The entrance to the lounge is on starboard, but the "business" end of the room is on port side. That's where the bandstand is. I have never been bothered by a bit of noise in any of the cabins along there; friends on port side have.

This is good to hear. Being right under the nightclub, ironically, does not sound too fun. :-)

We are booked J cabin 1037 on Zuiderdam on May 29th sailing. Does anyone know if there will be a lot of noise here?

I've stayed in the next cabin toward mid-ship (1043; possibly my favorite along there), and may have stayed in 1037 (I really can't remember all of them). There was no noise whatsoever in 1043, including from the white spaces on each side.

From the deckplans, it looks like 1037 isn't under anything that generates noise, either.

Quote "I have stayed in cabin 1053, and several of the nearby cabins, on starboard side on all the Vista/Signature ships. I love the area, and look there first when choosing a cabin on those ships.

It may appear that cabin 1053 is under the Queen's Lounge, but it really isn't. The entrance to the lounge is on starboard, but the "business" end of the room is on port side. That's where the bandstand is. I have never been bothered by a bit of noise in any of the cabins along there; friends on port side have." end of quote by RuthC

Thank you for the above information. We have booked cabin 1053 on Oosterdam for a Nov. cruise. Glad to hear the recommendations.

Edited by boards