Breeze..locking safe?

bar10der421

I believe I saw a picture on someone's review of the safe with a key pad. Am I correct? No magnetic strip card needed as on the Spirit class?

Also, as to the slot thingy where you need to place your sail and sign to keep the lights on, will any magnetic strip card work or does it need to be some sort of key card, i.e. previous cruise card, hotel room card, etc.? That is if for whatever reason you don't want to use your current card.

Edited by bar10der421

Several of the newer ships use the keypad safe. I always carry and old Sail & Sign card to work the safe on older ships. (It looks as though it belongs and it blends in.) I use this for the light key too. Eventually, all the ships are supposed to be retrofitted with this energy saving system, despite the high irritation level in creates.

Doc

Several of the newer ships use the keypad safe. I always carry and old Sail & Sign card to work the safe on older ships. (It looks as though it belongs and it blends in.) I use this for the light key too. Eventually, all the ships are supposed to be retrofitted with this energy saving system, despite the high irritation level in creates.

Doc

Agree about the irritation level. At my age I find myself checking my purse at least three times before I leave the cabin to make sure my card is there. Also, it sounds like it did not take long for people to figure out how to override their plan.

The lights do not require a magnetic strip. We saw the room steward use a piece of a old Fun Times in the slot. So we followed his lead and used a piece of paper from one of the papers promoting one their so called sales. Really don't like this money saver. Our first time 1 of us was in the shower and the other person pulled their card out of the slot and left. This left the person in the shower in the dark a few seconds later. Not fun!!!

Sharon