Disney Gift Cards

smheese

Are you allowed to use Disney gift cards towards your cruise balance?

If so, is there a limit on how much value you can put on the cards to offset your balance?

Is there someplace (Costco, Sam's Club) where you can purchase the cards at a discount?

You can use DISNEY gift cards, but not Disney STORE gift cards. Be careful that you know what you are buying when you purchase them!

Target sometimes sells these at a discount. I don't know about the locations you mentioned.

There is no limit to the number or amount of cards you can use. SAVE THE CARDS. If you cancel the cruise, your refund will be a refund back to the cards.

You can use the gift cards when booking a cruise. You can also use them onboard the ship. You simply take them to guest services and they apply them to your onboard account.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you use a Target Red Card to purchase you'll get 5% off each card.

^ This. Great way to save some money on the gift cards. You can use as many as you like at guest services once onboard.

I buy them at Target or Target.com and get 5% off. I also have purchased Target gift cards at Cardpool.com at a discount and then turned them into Disney gift cards. (Only once since my local Target was out of gift cards at the time) It is a long and drawn out process, but you can get them for less.

For example, I bought $200.00 worth of gift cards for $191.00

Then go to the Disney gift card website and load all smaller gift cards onto one Disney card up to 1,000.00 each card. This makes it easier if you plan to use them to pay off the cruise onboard. Instead of handing them 30 @100.00 Disney gift cards, you can give them 3 @ 1,000.00 :)

The site is free and I found it most helpful in keeping track of the gift cards.

You can manage all gift cards purchased and transfer funds amongst them as you wish.

Love those Disney gift cards!

• 3 weeks later...
I buy them at Target or Target.com and get 5% off. I also have purchased Target gift cards at Cardpool.com at a discount and then turned them into Disney gift cards. (Only once since my local Target was out of gift cards at the time) It is a long and drawn out process, but you can get them for less.

For example, I bought $200.00 worth of gift cards for $191.00

Then go to the Disney gift card website and load all smaller gift cards onto one Disney card up to 1,000.00 each card. This makes it easier if you plan to use them to pay off the cruise onboard. Instead of handing them 30 @100.00 Disney gift cards, you can give them 3 @ 1,000.00 :)

The site is free and I found it most helpful in keeping track of the gift cards.

You can manage all gift cards purchased and transfer funds amongst them as you wish.

Love those Disney gift cards!

I did the whole Target Gift card thing in the past and never knew about this idea.

Googling found the site for others to make it easy:

https://www.disneygiftcard.com/

I've used raise.com to purchase discounted Target cards and then turned those into Disney Cards. One thing to note: You can only use up to 4 Target gift cards at a time if you are purchasing the Disney Cards online.

We pay our ENTIRE cruise, gratuities, excursions, new cruise booking and spending money using discounted Disney gift cards! We get ours for 4% off at BJ's plus the 1% we get back on the credit card. We also use the Disney Gift Card site to combine the gift cards...soooo much easier! I also use the Disney Vacation Account to pay for my cruise after I put my gift cards into it, which gets you another $20 per $1000 you put in there. I'm still waiting on my bonus from my February cruise, though. :confused:

We pay our ENTIRE cruise, gratuities, excursions, new cruise booking and spending money using discounted Disney gift cards! We get ours for 4% off at BJ's plus the 1% we get back on the credit card. We also use the Disney Gift Card site to combine the gift cards...soooo much easier! I also use the Disney Vacation Account to pay for my cruise after I put my gift cards into it, which gets you another $20 per $1000 you put in there. I'm still waiting on my bonus from my February cruise, though. :confused:

What is the Disney Vacation Account? I'm new to DCL so am unfamiliar with this site but I'm always looking to save more money!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up Staples is selling their gift cards for $85 for a $100 gift card online. Shipping appears to be free and it looks like the orders are limited to 2. Just a heads up, looks like a limited time offer. I have found that Staples carries Disney Gift Cards in their stores.

Just a heads up Staples is selling their gift cards for $85 for a $100 gift card online. Shipping appears to be free and it looks like the orders are limited to 2. Just a heads up, looks like a limited time offer. I have found that Staples carries Disney Gift Cards in their stores.

Can you use a Staples gift card to purchase other gift cards?

EDIT: Just checked the back of the Staples gift card. It says:

Cannot be used for credit card payments or purchase of other gift cards or wireless cards.

Now, maybe, Staples views Disney gift cards as "not gift cards, but entertainment cards" (like Target), but that's something that should be clarified before purchasing the Staples card if you intend to buy Disney cards with it.

Edited by Shmoo here

Can you use a Staples gift card to purchase other gift cards?

EDIT: Just checked the back of the Staples gift card. It says:

Cannot be used for credit card payments or purchase of other gift cards or wireless cards.

Now, maybe, Staples views Disney gift cards as "not gift cards, but entertainment cards" (like Target), but that's something that should be clarified before purchasing the Staples card if you intend to buy Disney cards with it.

Funny. I just did this last weekend and had no issues with it. But then again I have never read the back of the gift cards before.

We don't have Staples. Can the Staples gift cards be bought on line, and then turn around and use them to buy the Disney Gift Cards online? And how long does it take to get them in the mail?

You can find the Disney gift cards on staples website. However, they charge $1.99 per $50 card to send them to you so that eats into the discount. I haven't bought them online since we have a local one so I can't say the gift cards will work for sure, but as I said I had no issue buying them in store the 3 times I have done it so far.

Thanks! Found a deal on Sam's Club to save $9 off of 3-$50. not sure it's even worth the savings for a drive across town. :rolleyes: Oh well.

From what I can tell staples has gift card sales often, mostly I find them via PayPal digital gifts. A good 15-20% discount may be worth it if you can buy several hundred at a time.

So will Staples let you purchase a Target gift card with a Staples gift card? Just clarifying for my own understanding.

Well, apparently, Steelers0854 was able to. But I think it may depend on what each manager/store's policy is. The back of the card says it's not good for gift cards, so it sounds like it would be a "no". But Staples (like Target) may recognize Disney cards as "entertainment" cards, not "gift" cards in their system.

No way of knowing whether your Staples will allow you to or not, except by giving it a try.

I've no experience of trying to do this, but wouldn't the computerized register only permit the purchasing of authorized products and decline those that are not?

Much like trying to use a coupon?

Would a staff member be able to override this? Or wouldn't it be a centralized policy set out when the barcodes are entered into the system that dictate what can be purchased with the gift card?

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

I've no experience of trying to do this, but wouldn't the computerized register only permit the purchasing of authorized products and decline those that are not?

Much like trying to use a coupon?

Would a staff member be able to override this? Or wouldn't it be a centralized policy set out when the barcodes are entered into the system that dictate what can be purchased with the gift card?

ex techie

I would think you are correct. And I had no issues in any of the times I have done this. Doesn't mean it won't change, but my experience has let me buy them each time I have tried.